• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Scx10 ii problems

Joseph molnar

Hi, I have a scx10 ii and when I bring it in water it stops hen I have to turn the tire to get it going (sort of like jump starting it) threw it runs like normal. Is it my esc or motor and how do I fix it? Also ever since I have been taking it in water I have heard a squeaking noise.

Please help:cry:

THe squeaking is the bearings starting to rust up a bit from getting wet.. This will shorten their life span, But fun things seldom = long life..

As for the stopping, Yeah, its somewhat normal for brushed setups, They LOVE water, But can also flip out a bit when wet or if debris gets between the brush and the comm..

THe squeaking is the bearings starting to rust up a bit from getting wet.. This will shorten their life span, But fun things seldom = long life..

As for the stopping, Yeah, its somewhat normal for brushed setups, They LOVE water, But can also flip out a bit when wet or if debris gets between the brush and the comm..

How do I fix the motor cutting out. Do I have to get a new one?

Hi, I have a scx10 ii and when I bring it in water it stops

I have been taking it in water I have heard a squeaking noise.

Please help:cry:

Sounds like the old story.....

Patient: ...Hey, doctor doctor!!! When I poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick it hurts!

Doctor: .... well, I recommend you stop poking yourself in the eye with sharp sticks

Moral to your story.... waterproof your stuff BEFORE you take it swimming.
You can try putting your servo and esc and motor in a 5lb. bag of rice for a couple days to dry them out.
If that doesn't cure the issue, you're in for new parts.

How do I fix the motor cutting out. Do I have to get a new one?

I run my brushed trucks in water all the time, the water just makes the motor cut out every now and then. Best bet is to upgrade to a brushless motor, and then waterproof all your electronics at the same time

Are you using connecting terminals from the esc to motor? I crawl in water and have zero issues but my wiring is soldered directly from esc to motor. Keep those bearing oiled up. if you crawl in water and then shelf it, the rust will eventually seize the bearings and it will go from bad to worst as it will make the motor work harder and eventually burn it up from extra load.

I have ran my scx10.2 fully submerged briefly going through streams and don't seem to have any issues. Granted it is a new truck not sure if age matters. I'm running a dynamite esc, axial 35t motor, castle creations bec and venom 35c 3300 3s lipo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back