• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

scx10 driveshaft help

colin1986

Pebble Pounder
does anyone know of a fix for the grub screws on the driveshafts mine keep coming out even with lock tight in them any tips or alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated

does anyone know of a fix for the grub screws on the driveshafts mine keep coming out even with lock tight in them any tips or alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated

im having the same prob thought it wouldnt be so bad but i have to put them in each time i get it out.

any tips or fixes welcome

not sure about red loctite as if they need to be changed it would be a bugger to get off. i was thinking putting another grub screw in the other hole as there are 2 but then i need to find some grub screws.

not sure about red loctite as if they need to be changed it would be a bugger to get off. i was thinking putting another grub screw in the other hole as there are 2 but then i need to find some grub screws.
same here need more grub screws

I bought some longer grub screws, i think 3mm. I use blue lock tight and let it dry over night. It has never loosend up yet. Im running a ballistic 8.5t with 14mm rotor!

I got the grubs from my LHS. I think they were 3mm x 4 or 5mm long. Just take one with ya and make sure it fills the whole theads on the yoke.

I had the same problem with mine. So I just put a dab of hot glue on it. It takes a while for the glue to come off, and if you need to take off the drive shaft , just use rubbing alcohol to release the glue. Hope this helps.

Back