• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 Defender Build First Run

Retrocosm

Quarry Creeper
I took my Defender out for its first run. This was originally a Honcho until I shortened the links and chassis, rearranged the electronics and added the Defender body.

scx10defender.jpg

scx10defender2.jpg

Here's a video of its first run.

Axial SCX10 Scale Land Rover Defender D90 - YouTube

Very nice and very scale looking Defender. The thing that struck me were the boxes on the roof rack, so many builders place things on the roof that no one would put up there in real life 4 wheeling. Those boxes just look right.

Thank you, I was well chuffed with the way the black box/case worked out. It was originally the box a Savox servo came in. I primed and sprayed it and with the stickers I think it works well.

Cheers, Charlie

Wow, so impressive. I like you got the Defender body on an SCX10. Did you need to make a custom chassis?

Cheers, it's the standard chassis, I had to trim a few mms of the end at the back and shorten the lower links to adjust the wheelbase.

Apart from that, pretty simple. You also have to cut some of the interior where it sits over the gearbox and motor.

this is about as good as it gets. well done!

there are a couple of us who have put this beautiful body on the scx rails, and as far as i know we all love it.

glad to see another out there.

Thank you, they're great bodies aren't they. I'm tempted by the pick up version as well. Where will it end? With an empty bank account probably!

Charlie

Back