• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 Custom Build- Sand Crawler

ardyjo

Support needed ....
Hi! So I wanted to build a custom 1/10 scale RC to accompany my existing factory Traxxas Stamped 2wd/brushed rig. I have a custom styrene shell with accessories on the chassis which makes it around 10+ lbs. It is my RC robot/droid prop...

While the Stampede does a decent enough job handling the weight & height of the shell, with my requirement of a 2nd vehicle I would like to at least make it more sturdy/efficient. I also found the sand/snow conversion (tank track type) which now shifted my focus..

I am a RC noob since I have not modified my stampede aside from swapping to 70w shock oil, so sorry for my ignorance

If anyone has any suggestions of specific parts or kits for reinforcement of the frame I'd appreciate it.. or links to builds ? i found ...

Build List

• Carbon Fiber SCX10 Frame
  • Integy Sandmobile Conversion Rear / Front .... other

Here is an example of the shell on the Stampede:
fc576a10c502df21b9d5a2b46b4ee6d7.jpg
93b70124d46703bbe95e410eea0473c8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: SCX10 Build for Weight

8 lbs is not much for the average scx10. My hard body rig is pushing 12lbs, and running 5.4" tall tires. The stock axial frame is more than strong enough to carry the weight. When crawling, it does flex though. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Post up a picture of the robot/droid prop if you would.

Hey thanks, photos added. I weighed it and its 12lbs minus some servos and batteries that i am going to add so around 13, I guess the whole thing will be maximum. Some of the motor and escs said 5lbs max so I was concerned... I just liked the way the fiber frame looks, more futeristic I guess hah

I believe some better shocks will help, even with the weighted oil the front end dips when turning and rubs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I'd be more worried about is flipping over from being top heavy.
It looks pretty wide compared to scx10 axles.
Maybe scx10 with wraith axles to keep it stable?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. Yea it is top heavy, have to be careful on turns!
Found the sand conversion kit (tracks) which is ideal visually .. will have to do more research on that

I'd be more worried about is flipping over from being top heavy.
It looks pretty wide compared to scx10 axles.
Maybe scx10 with wraith axles to keep it stable?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back