• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 controlled with Linux

Necrosatan

Hi, Guys!

Here's my Axial SCX10 Wrangler Kit.
Software: Groovy (https://github.com/apryamostanov/ProcessingTesting/blob/master/src/T_robot.groovy)
Libraries: JInput, PI4J, DS4DRV, Bluez, HCI, other libraries
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 2, Adafruit PWM Hat
Controller: PlayStation 4 controller (Dual Shock 4) over Bluetooth
Car: Axial SCX-10, AE-5 ESC, Brushless motor

Youtube video
thumb_IMG_3664_1024.jpg

My inner geek just went nuts! *squee!!* I already have a RPi2, just missing the ADA and PS controller. Might have to look into this over the winter months. You have a build log of all the things you had to do to get this working?

hi:) First i need to apologize for multiposting. Proper section for this was supposed to be "Scale videos", I created another topic there and pressed Delete for this one, but somehow only now saw "Enter reason for delete" field there. Now I deleted that one... So let it be here... I hope mods will excuse this mess.

I can share any details on the building and also software. Tricky part was the Jinput native binary, that is a rare thing for Arm platforms.
The interesting part of this specific project is that main software is in Java (actually even in Groovy!), and this is again rare thing.
Another tricky part was PS4 controller, we ought to DS4DRV author that such driver now exists in Raspberry Pi.

Responsiveness is totally fine, no lag at all. Note that PWM range for ESC is more narrow then for Servo.
Range of bluetooth was around 9 meters outside.

Ah seems more complicated than I assumed. Hopefully there are some better written modules that can be loaded down the road. Was hoping maybe I would have a fun use for my RPi 2 finally.

Back