• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX 24 ESC question

surfishjoe

Rock Stacker
Hi I am building a chassis kit and I am trying to use as much stuff on hand before I buy stuff. I have a brand new AE-6 ESC/Rx in the package that I was thinking of using. I also have on hand a brand new stock Axial transmitter but it is the newer 4 channel version that comes with the blue V2 esc. Will the newer transmitter work with the older ESC?

Thanks this is my first 1/24 "custom" build I appreciate the help.

As skurge said, that's a no-go. I'll add that whatever combo you ultimately go with, I would never spend any time messing with the AE-6. It's junk imo. I had one stop working in a completely stock scx24 and then another one actually catch fire in a slightly modded scx24. If you've already got the newer version HH transmitter, I'd just get the V2 esc if you're going to stay brushed.

Good to know! I had a feeling it was a no go but figured I would run it by here first- much appreciated! I still am using an AE-6 in my original dead bolt it even survived being plugged in with a reverse polarity battery extension cable that puffed a battery. I did soak it in corrosion x way back when. It is from when the scx 24s first came out too. I will likely source the blue V2 ESC.

Just a fyi- I purchased a LGRP comp chassis kit, the tube chassis, and the x factor body so I am now sourcing allllllllllll the rest of the stuff I need to finish $$$$$$$$

Last edited:
Back