• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

scale poker run?

foproy

Quarry Creeper
anyone want to try this sometime?

for those not familiar. not about points, just a scale run with 5 checkpoints, at every checkpoint you draw a card. at the end of five whoever has the best hand wins.

edit: i literally came up with an idea while in the bathroom. i don't know if they do this at regular poker runs, as i have only been involved in a couple on test drive unlimited. but have challenges at each check point to attempt to earn a discard, so you can discard any card in your hand and get a new draw. only one card per discard, one attempt per checkpoint.

Last edited:
Sounds like alot of fun, count me in. Will be wierd not doing it on a motorcycle.lol I'm game for anything Scaler, that's all I have."thumbsup"

Our group RC330H on Facebook just put on a Poker run. It went great. We had 46 drivers from 5 states, and raised over $1000.

The way we did it each driver received a score sheet and one card at registration. The score card had a empty box for all 52 cards. There was 5 stops along the trail each stop had a person with a deck of cards. Each driver got a card at the stop, no duplicates. 3 of the stops had a competition style gate section. If you made it through the gate section cleanly you got an extra card. All cards were in a bag the driver reached in and pulled a card. The person at the stop then initialed the appropriate box on the score card. This way each driver could possibly have 9 cards. The gate sections were NOT easy so 9 cards was very rare. Best 5 card hand won. If you need a copy of the scorecard let me know and I can send you the file.

I learned a couple things to make the next one smoother.
1. Have 2 volunteers at each stop.
2. Have the trails marked more clearly. We used flags which for the most part worked out pretty well. We only had one section that cause a little confusion. I think I'll try chalk next time.
3. Have walkie Talkies for each of the volunteers at the stops.
4. ( I did this on the fly that day. ) If you have more than 20 drivers, send them onto the trail in smaller groups. With 46 drivers I sent them 10 at a time with about 10-15 minutes between group.
The most important thing is have fun.

Back