• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Sawback Body CJ-3A SCX10 Chassis 1.9

idealconceptz

Pebble Pounder
I decided to post my most recent build not because it was the coolest ever. More so because there is some general pointers that could have helped but I couldn't find them. Any info is wanted and if someone has done this already scale,retro mod, etc. Post some pics and any game changing chassis or mod options that helped. Thanks RCCRAWLER NATION! "thumbsup"

So first things first......in order to get the body to fit the transmission has to be removed and reconnected in the opposite direction...if you dont you will be forced to cut up the trans tunnel and center portions of the body.

You will have to shave off the top screw hole for the gear cover to allow the tunnel to sit flush on the trans case....

Front shock hoops and original scx10 body mounts will work with no modifications the rear not so much...Since this was budget build I didn't buy the gear head rc rear shock relocation kit. The rear scx10 shock hoops will work but not as body mounts due to the rear fender and bed shape on the sawback body...So in order to make the shock hoops work with the scx10 body mounts I flipped the shock hoops 180* and moved them up to the auxiliary shock holes on the ladder frame. This pushed the mounting holes outward and forward which is directly into the fender flare of the sawback body.

It will need to be reinforced a little to prevent flex but works great.

I originally had my hot bodies rover tires mounted to my 1.9 gmade rims but the size of the body is clearly 1/8-1/7 scale so the tires looked small...

As you can see from the chassis photos I switched to a set of axial trepedors I had lying around. They filled in the fender and gave it that retro mod big tire jeep look I wanted. Only thing is my wraith driver is 1/10 scale so he looks like a dwarf in the photos but he will be changed.

So it needs front a rear bumpers something scale and not over the top but I couldn't resist taking it to the proving grounds for some test and tune!

I did the same thing, but I didn't mess with the trans. I just flipped the chassis around and am running the motor in reverse.

I did the same thing, but I didn't mess with the trans. I just flipped the chassis around and am running the motor in reverse.
Nice post some pics...I thought abt the same thing how did the frame rails line up with the axles,bumpers,etc???

So I fabricated some steel front and rear bumpers. Since I was trying to keep it scale I left the front bumper square tube nothing fancy and the rear I just trimmed to fit the body. I figured for the $8 it cost it came out pretty good.

Back