• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ryft Frima 130A esc connector options

SCX10 JK

Quarry Creeper
I recently got a Ryft in and none of my batteries have the EC-5 connector. I have EC-3 and XT-60 and deans on all of my batteries. Question is can I just make an adapter to take it from EC-5 to either the EC-3 or the XT-60 connector? Would this cause a problem or would it be better to just replace the plug on the esc with either of those that I use? Guess my only concern is the amp draw. I have little to know experience with brushless systems except the Yetil XL and Yeti Vanguard systems both of which run deans just fine. I don't want to damage anything accidentally.

****Edit ****

Probably should state that I'll only be running this on 2s or 3s tops. I don't see any reason to ever use this on 4s anyways. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Last edited:
I've never had any issues using an adapter - I've found some on Amazon for dirt-cheap that work fine.

Eventually I end up converting everything to XT-60, but sometimes I buy something that's using a Deans or Traxxas connector, and I'll want to run it right away.

I run 3S or 4S.

Ok cool it just so happens that I have one ec5 connector the correct one in my box of parts so ill make up an adapter to get things moving. Not sure that the motor and esc is going to stay in the Ryft so I'm hesitant to cut the plug at this point considering I might just sell them.

Back