• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RIP Meatloaf

RIP. One of the most powerful, emotional voices in rock and roll of all time.

My wife and I (actually fiancé at the time) were at the Delaware shore back in the late 80's. We're on the beach and see an airplane towing a banner that said "Meatloaf at the Rusty Rudder tonight". Those of you familiar with the Rehoboth/Dewey beach area know that the Rusty Rudder is an iconic seafood restaurant in the area.

Hmmm we thought....??? Odd of a seafood restaurant to serve meatloaf as a special. Turns out they have a large ballroom and sure enough, it was the band Meatloaf. We went and it was one of the best concerts I ever saw in my life. He sang so good with all his power and emotion for almost three hours straight (he was sweating profusely after about five minutes) with no break! Turns out they choose this very small venue to try out new songs (plus all of their previous hits) from an upcoming album plus the new female vocalist was from the area.

Meatloaf was one of my first live concerts ever, and to this day probably one of the best shows I've ever been to.

RIP.

I remember when I first saw the Bat Out of Hell lp cover as a kid. It was back in the 70's. Big sister brought it home. I am pretty sure she had a water bed about that time...:ror:

It's an album cover that leaves an impression on a child.

RIP big man.

Well aware. I figured the specific referrence would be over a few heads. "In death, a member of Project Mayhem has a name. His name was Robert Paulson."

Well aware. I figured the specific referrence would be over a few heads. "In death, a member of Project Mayhem has a name. His name was Robert Paulson."

Good reference.

I still go back to "Tonight, we are eating meatloaf..."

Back