• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

rims/tires for the rockforce help!

xiteamxi

Pebble Pounder
So the other day i bought a kyosho rock force its my first crawler already set up with dig ect ect only problem is it didn't come with tires or rims.So im looking for some suggestions for bead lock's and tires.As far as tires go im looking at the hotbodies rover(soft) which is 24$+ship for a set of 4 with foams.And for rims i herd the proline epic's were alright but they crack not sure if the cracking is uncommon and i should just go with them or get alloy rims.So any suggestions on rims and tires would be appreciated.(i can drill out the center of the rims if required not a problem)

so are the hottbodies rover ok tires for the money or is there better
also with the rims im figureing its 19$ for 2(38) plus ship(7) so 45$shipped for plastic wheels or xx$ for alloy with no chance of breaking

nice rims but not willing to spend that much so if any one knows of cheaper ones or if the epic beadlocks hold up well let me know,also now looking at the stamped steel beadlock if any one has any input on thos ..

I have Axial XR10 beadlocks. They can use the vanquish weights and I believe Axial makes internal weights for them.

For the tires I am using RC4WD 2.2 Rock Crushers. If the stock tires were taller I would use them. They are super sticky. I put them on a high lift. The truck walks up things the Crushers just slide on.

Yep in time the epic beadlocks will slip at the hex. You can glue your plastic hexes in to cure that mostly. They are only plastic so I guess its to be expected. Also if you are not careful the beadlock screws will strip.

If you want some used ones to try all it will cost you is shipping I will send them your way. You most likley will have to glue your hexes in. If you dont go overboard you can pop them back out with some pliers. Well at least mine did.

The Rovers are a very popular around here in the white compound. I myself run Chisels;-) It all depends on where you crawl find out what is the popular tire in your area.

Wheels you are a bit limited as some dont have enough room for the huge stub and nut. Also from a comp standpoint most will put your track width to wide. Berg offset works ok but axial offset makes the rig to wide.

I run these wheels and have had no problems after 2 years"thumbsup"

http://store.rc4wd.com/Predator-Crawler-22-Beadlock-Wheel_p_115.html

BigHeady166.jpg

And an old picture with the epic beadlocks.

Monster007.jpg

I have Axial XR10 beadlocks. They can use the vanquish weights and I believe Axial makes internal weights for them.

For the tires I am using RC4WD 2.2 Rock Crushers. If the stock tires were taller I would use them. They are super sticky. I put them on a high lift. The truck walks up things the Crushers just slide on.

whats your width with thos rims and do you have a picture or them on the crawler ?

Back