• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RGT stock spring rate 1.35 (???)

Hi,

Newbie here. Planning to upgrade to Traxxas GTS shocks, so I have measured the spring rate of my RGT EX86010 stock springs. It's 1.35. (Compressed 25.4mm, measured 615g on my kitchen scale.)

I am confused. This is off the charts!

A TRX-4 (similar build and weight) has stock rates 0.45 / 0.54. How come? The RGT is 2.7kg, the articulation is pretty good, ride height is OK. The shock is working pretty well in fact, I would not consider changing it, if it wasn't leaking.

Now I have no idea what springs to order. With 0.45 / 0.54 springs, wouldn't my rig bottom out the shocks?

Any help appreciated!

Update: ordered 0.45 and 0.54 rate Traxxas springs and I got even more confused. Measurig thos springs is 1110g / 1300g.
1110g = 2.44 lbs (not 0.45)
1300g = 2.86 lbs (not 0.54)
???

Also: the springs are way too stiff. Also the shock is way too stiff with the oil thath comes with it (about 30wt), even with a 20wt.
What's goig on? These shocks would fit a ~6kg truck!

Anyway, I ordered 0.22 rate springs and 10wt oil and I'll see.

Back