• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Reversing the steps when painting outside?

Kingmeow

Quarry Creeper
I understand painting lexan bodies by painting inside and dark colors first, etc. But what if you want the same color/effect when painting on the outside (not lexan)? Do you reverse the steps?

For example, I'm planning on painting my Capra candy/translucent orange, backed by silver to give it the sparkles. I want the same paint effect on the drivers' helmet but they are molded black plastic.

Do I paint it with the silver first and then a few coats of the candy/translucent orange? And how thick of a silver, enough to cover the black plastic so none shows through?

Yes. Use a good primer after washing, a scuff also helps. As you thought lighter first then darker . When shooting candy’s/transparent colors, make sure your base is even, not mottled, tiger striping is common with both metallic and candy paints. To eliminate, wider overlap, and crisscross coats. Also COUNT the number of coats when shooting candys, more coats, deeper color.

Hang up and Drive

If you want to test the candy color on something first, a plastic spoon makes for a good test piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back