• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Reflektr builds a... Umm... I dunno what!?

Reflektr

Rock Crawler
Hey! How's it going guys? I've horsed around enough and thought it was time for another build. Since my Trailfinder build that accompanied me to G6, I've gained some insight for a build that may be a little more suitable for that particular terrain. I loved how the TF2 performed and the challenges it brought, but I wouldn't mind something I could sort of "Jack-ass-around" with, so to speak.

So what I'm going to try and do is mix what I found worked, with what I didn't have, and come up with something decent lol.

For starters - A higher skid. So a Scx10 skid will be a part of this build for sure. I would also be thrilled with a touch more speed. I cruised in "Yee-Haw" gear through pretty much the whole course... So this rig is going to have a little more ass behind it. With more ass comes better durability, so let's beef up those axles shall we? Next up is a short nose. You're probably all like, "Reflektr, a short nose? What does that even mean!?".

Well it means that the tires may or may not protrude from the shnozola of this rig.

Then you'll be like, "Is that even legal!?". And I'll be like "Is your Wraith even legal!?!?"

And you'll be quiet.

Because not Monster Energy Wraith : P

Honestly, I don't even know what the hell this is going to be, but if you stay tuned, you're in for a surprise!

Here's a parts list for you folks who enjoy parts lists:

Curries (...idk man...)
Home made frame (because short not truck)
STRC shock hoops
Axial B.S.
Forward motor with divorced transfer case
Scale shocks....

And that's all I know! Here's a few pics to satisfy your picture hungry eyes!

I was going more for this, but I guess I lost it lol...

Got a little more done on this.... Umm... Whatever it is?

Hey look, frame rails.

And the skid seems to fit well with the mockage...

Don't pay any mind to the short shocks or the clips. They're just there for mocking purposes. I'll round up some 90mm or 100mm shocks before I drill holes.

Still quite a bit to do, but it's starting to resemble something! Kind of...

Back