• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Redcat Gen 8 Wireless Magnetic LED

darrent15

Ever get tired of carefully putting the body back on your rig and ensure you plugged in your LEDs. Many of the brands have vehicle specific leds but all have one flaw. The control unit is mounted on the chassis while the lights are mounted onto the body. Prime example is my RedCat Gen 8, I bought a 16 led light kit. The only down side is all the wires and then carefully attaching the body on the chassis with leaving enough room to slide my hand in between to plug in the lights to the control box. After hours of searching I finally found a solution that allows me to pull off the body to get into the internals without disconnecting anything. I found a company called boomracingrc and saw they made a Waterproof Stealth Wireless Magnetic LED Body Mount for Axial SCX10. There is a youtube video that shows you how to wire it up. After viewing the video, I decided to come up with my own wiring configuration. After getting all the parts I needed, here is the final product.

https://youtu.be/Oe0M3U7wPLo

Back