• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Receiver Box expansion

Andbiv

Has anyone come up with way to expand the size of the receiver box on the TRX4? I can barley get mine to close completely with all the wires in it already.

I just rigged mine up using a half inch strip of plastic, shoe goo and extended bolts. Hasn’t leaked yet.
ae394da27094732fe9f702a7717c414b.jpg
3918637e9f2c9b6e07dd92e3403536d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I can't see the one on thingverse. Meaning the pic.

Good ideas if you want to go taller. I think it would be cheaper to get a second box and cut the bottom out then omit the top of the second box and bolt it all together with longer screws. The rubber seal from the second box would seal the first top portion of the box to the bottom of the second. I'm envisioning this in my head so could be wrong but may be worth a try.

I went with a separate box in post 39.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/596918-cmbscx10-tries-traxxas-trx4-2.html

Cmbscx10 great idea on extra receiver box! Thanks for the thought.

I did exactly that and used some JB weld to bond the two boxes together. Now in my receiver box I have a Y splitter for the aux wire on the mamba x, Holmes bypass for servo from BEC, and a Castle Blue link all tucked away in my receiver box. I am at max capacity but it works perfectly.

f48809c16b58a3db19928b2b104a4804.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was able to move the receiver box to the battery trey to clean up the wiring even more.
d08bf38fec45df049beb59b0a1aa9d99.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back