• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rear Links?

sarky1

Hey guys,

Kinda new to crawling and well I'm having a hard time learning the names of all the parts. Any one got an suggestions as to where I can find a good reference ?

My question is what exactly are these links on the back axle of this AX10 and whats the purpose of them?

23.JPG

The AX10 can be set up to have rear steer also, most people will put on a straight axle lockout and ditch the rear c hubs and knuckles. I think a dig is far more useful and if your going to comp your truck, most events wont allow rear steer anyway.

Thanks,

So they are just a method of converting rear steering to locked.

Are there any strength benefits over say what comes with the Axial Ax10 RTC?

Solid lockouts will generally be stronger, no knuckles or c hubs to deal with each one becomes a weak point. Take a good drop on a rear wheel, and watch it roll away, not the whole truck just the wheel you just snapped off.

Spot on, thanks guys exactly what I wanted to know!

I will be looking into a dig soon, looks majorly beneficial.

Back