• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RE: Tekin Rock 412 3100kv brushed equivalent

1FSTLS1

Rock Stacker
RE: Tekin Rock 412 3100kv brushed equivalent

I am looking for motor setup for my new used Wraith on 2S. I think the Tekin Rock 412 in 3100kv would be a good brushless setup. I want speed and torque. Can anyone recommend a good brushed motor that would be about the same as this motor. Trying do decide if I can go brushed for a while and be happy with a less expensive option.

Re: Tekin Rock 412 3100kv brushed equivalent

Define budget!

The roc412 is $150 IIRC A 3100kv is going to be faster than my recomendations

I bought a Holmes Hobbies 27t 540 Trailmaster for $15, and have been very happy with it. It is very good for $15.

I have a Crawlmaster 35tand it is exceptional, though I need to rebuild it. They run $50ish

3s is the key to effiency and torque when running brushed.... 4s is the new 3s.

There are a number of ESC/motor combos that will give you that torque and speed. The problem is heat, the brushed equivalent of 3100kv brushless motor will generate A LOT of heat, especially in high-torque situations.

Well I have a bunch of 2S batteries and my 3S ones will not fit. I will have to see if the ones for my 4S for the buggy/truggy will fit.

Reality is A HH brushless in 3100kv flavor would be an equivalent...

A brushed setup will never match a Good brushless setup.

Reality is A HH brushless in 3100kv flavor would be an equivalent...

A brushed setup will never match a Good brushless setup.
Don't tell the comp guys. They are still in the brushed motor dark ages.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Back