• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RC4WD vs Proline

Bray D

Quarry Creeper
I’m loosely recreating the 2012 version of my Ranger from when I went on the UA. 1.9 class 1 should be nearly identical as far as scale size goes.

I was running KM2’s at the time. It looks like a proper Krawler or KM3 will be my tire options. Proline doesn’t have a class 1 Krawler, but they do have the KM3. RC4WD looks to have a tire pretty similar to a Krawler in the correct size. Links to the tires below:

https://store.rc4wd.com/Rock-Crusher-XT-19-Tires_p_691.html

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...dator-f-r-1.9-crawler-tires-2/PRO1015203.html

How does the RC4WD compound stack up with Prolines? Application will be dry dirt / rocks. No mud. No wet conditions.

What would be your recommended tire and compound?

6472befb7b3ca16796e5623960753323.jpg

I would say go with the prolines... G8 compound is my favorite, as predator is too soft and gets gummy in the heat.

The compound the rock krushers are made of is terrible.

That’s the info I was looking for. I have the RC4WD Scramblers on my scx24 and they seem to do well, but that’s apples to oranges here.

I really wish Proline made a class 1 Krawler, but I’m cool with the KM3’s.

I’m in the Midwest so temps are all over the place. I’ll have to think on it for a bit to decide between G8 and Predator.

Last edited:
My impression with RC4WD is they make great looking tire with less than stellar performance. Case in point I have a set of RC4WD Super Swamper IROKS that are nice and soft and grippy but too soft and the tread blocks tend to fold over. The only issues I've had with Prolines has been getting them to fit beadlock wheels.

The Scramblers are super soft indeed, but I just assumed that was what it needed to be for the micros. They were the biggest tires available at the time too so I was getting them regardless of their compound, haha.

It’s worth noting that these 1.9’s will be stuffed with CI foams. Haven’t purchased those yet either so they’ll be tailored to the rig weight and tire.

Between these old RC4WD tires and proline I would choose the G8 KM3. Great little tire.
But I have quite a few RC4WD tires like the wrangler, patagonia and I have no complaints.
The "newer" compound X2S³ is good. I never made a real tire comparison (Pitbull, Proline, RC4WD), but they all work pretty similar in terrain I am using them. Dirt, roots, rocks..

If you go all out for performance, proline may be better, but for trailing, it doesn't matter that much in my opinion.

Just following up - I ordered G8 KM3’s. Thanks for all of the insight! I’m excited to get them mounted up.

Back