• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RC4WD TF2 Vs. Axial SCX10

RC4WD TF2 Vs. Axial SCX10

• Total voters
If you're looking for your first scale crawler, which I assume you are judging by your signature, I'd recommend the SCX10 or Vaterra Ascender. The SCX10 has a much greater aftermarket of parts. The Ascender, from what I'm told, is a much better out of the box crawler than an SCX10. I have an SCX10 and it's great. The Ascender will be my next kit.

The TF2 isn't nearly as capable as either of the above rigs.

I have an scx10 and a gelande ii. The gelande to me is much more fun. The scx10 is definitely more capable but it's too easy to drive and takes away a lot of the challenge unless you have some serious terrain to play on. I vote for tf2 if you can find one.

both rigs are fun in their own "way"
look around in your neighborhood, try out their SCX10 and TF2, then you'll be able to judge which is the appropriate one for your taste.. it all goes back to your preference and where + how you want it to be

Good info. I know I am going to end up with a RC4WD Gelande. But locally Axial is the caliber of choice. So that is first and it looks like the SCX10 will prevail over the Wraith. I can see a garage full of these things.

Mike

Lots of good answers here, I have not voted because I would say ascender or Tf2 or Gelande. Look around what terrain you have, what crawlers others in your area have, test drive others trucks and then buy. If you were local I'd let you drive me ascender. :). Let us know what you decide.

The TF2 isn't nearly as capable as either of the above rigs.

Is this a statement about a stock, out of the box truck?
Is there proof showing this/proving it?

Cause this is a C1 built TF2, that ran in C2, at the NENC/national championship event. With 60+ comp driver's and out did axial, vaterra, etc... ;)
15f8bba9a87f9a23c9e9cd53c1705298.jpg

With that said... I love my scx and I'm glad I started with it. It can be ran from stock, to modded to kingdom come!

As posted above, it gets to the point where it's too easy to drive and more like running one of my comp rigs, then a scale truck.. (It's more of a trail basher now and my son's(10yr) C2 comp truck)
Mind you I have been running/building Up, the same scx for close to 4yrs.

It took me 2yrs to build the Troyota, to where I felt like putting it on the rocks.
Now I don't want to drive anything else!(scale truck wise)

Scx for your first truck.. [emoji106]

Is this a statement about a stock, out of the box truck?
Is there proof showing this/proving it?

Cause this is a C1 built TF2, that ran in C2, at the NENC/national championship event. With 60+ comp driver's and out did axial, vaterra, etc... ;)
15f8bba9a87f9a23c9e9cd53c1705298.jpg

With that said... I love my scx and I'm glad I started with it. It can be ran from stock, to modded to kingdom come!

As posted above, it gets to the point where it's too easy to drive and more like running one of my comp rigs, then a scale truck.. (It's more of a trail basher now and my son's(10yr) C2 comp truck)
Mind you I have been running/building Up, the same scx for close to 4yrs.

It took me 2yrs to build the Troyota, to where I felt like putting it on the rocks.
Now I don't want to drive anything else!(scale truck wise)

Scx for your first truck.. [emoji106]
I meant that in stock form the TF2 will not perform as well as the Ascender or SCX10. I don't think anybody in their right mind would argue with that. Once you start modifying, the story can change.

If you want to actually use it get the SCX10 its great straight out of the box and upgrades are a plenty if and when you breaks things.

If you want something to look nice go for the TF2.

Or
Get and SCX10 Rolling Chassis and put a TF2 Hilux Body On it. Much Better best of both worlds.

Back