• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RC4WD bully 2.2 comp tires

Hondarider94

Pebble Pounder
I bought 2 sets of these from horizon. one of the 4 the foam was very hard and it cracked from just working it with my fingers then once i put the wheel in it broke the inner foam completely apart. Horizon is trying to say "sorry heres 10 bucks".... so i need new foams.

what does everyone recommend? These tires are going on a ECX temper 2, scx10.2 axles, 4WS, revolver motor and small 3s lipo.

Im sure crawler innovations has tons, but what does everyone like. This is a for fun - rock only rig

Well you pretty much summed up how I feel RC3WD treats most customers I like Crawlers Inovations dual stage med rear soft in front comp cut. They work good in Ibex and a few other tires I have tried them in. I wouldn't hold any hope for these though. I tried a lot of tricks but they were always very inconsistent hooking up. Good luck:mrgreen:

Big Mike's Toys & Hobbies had a set of these in stock and our shop helper Cody picked them up for himself. He asked me to set them up for his 2.2 shafty comp crawler which ended up being 5 pounds RTR. I was surprised how much softer and more compliant the latest version of the rubber is for these Bully pins tires. Here's what I used for Cody's build;

CWR-5027 = 6 Bolt Wheel, 2.2 x 1.50" width, in silver (all four)
CWR-1044 = 5.25" Double Deuce Comp Cut w/ Soft Outer (front pair)
CWR-1045 = 5.25" Double Deuce Comp Cut w/ Medium Outer (rear pair)
CWR-3015 = 4.50" Deuces Wild Tuning Disc set; one disc on the outside of all four foams, trimmed down .250" in outer diameter
Three, 2mm vent holes per tire, punched in along center cast line.

The Bully Pins performed very well for what they are. The tire size is nice, not too wide or too tall. The rubber feel was definitely comp worthy for the terrain we have in East Texas. The purpose for the wide rim is that it creates a large contact patch for the tire. This helps side hill support and creates a tire that the initial touch is very soft, supple, and conforms to the terrain instantly.

When possible, I still prefer to run the Proline Ibex tire with Triple Stage Double Deuce foams, CWR-1391 front and CWR-1394 rear, but that's mainly what I have the most drive time on is why.

#crawlerinnovations #doubledeucefoams #activatedoutlaw

Big Mike's Toys & Hobbies had a set of these in stock and our shop helper Cody picked them up for himself. He asked me to set them up for his 2.2 shafty comp crawler which ended up being 5 pounds RTR. I was surprised how much softer and more compliant the latest version of the rubber is for these Bully pins tires. Here's what I used for Cody's build;

CWR-5027 = 6 Bolt Wheel, 2.2 x 1.50" width, in silver (all four)
CWR-1044 = 5.25" Double Deuce Comp Cut w/ Soft Outer (front pair)
CWR-1045 = 5.25" Double Deuce Comp Cut w/ Medium Outer (rear pair)
CWR-3015 = 4.50" Deuces Wild Tuning Disc set; one disc on the outside of all four foams, trimmed down .250" in outer diameter
Three, 2mm vent holes per tire, punched in along center cast line.

The Bully Pins performed very well for what they are. The tire size is nice, not too wide or too tall. The rubber feel was definitely comp worthy for the terrain we have in East Texas. The purpose for the wide rim is that it creates a large contact patch for the tire. This helps side hill support and creates a tire that the initial touch is very soft, supple, and conforms to the terrain instantly.

When possible, I still prefer to run the Proline Ibex tire with Triple Stage Double Deuce foams, CWR-1391 front and CWR-1394 rear, but that's mainly what I have the most drive time on is why.

#crawlerinnovations #doubledeucefoams #activatedoutlaw

what happened to the double deuce regular cut as i don't need the comp cut, regular cut is all i need, been buying them from you for years and then bam, there gone, now it's like $60 just for foams, use to pay like $30 for regular cut. bring them back please.

what happened to the double deuce regular cut as i don't need the comp cut, regular cut is all i need, been buying them from you for years and then bam, there gone, now it's like $60 just for foams, use to pay like $30 for regular cut. bring them back please.

Those are good questions. Here are the answers;

- All of our foam material densities doubled in price in 2021.

- The machine time cost went up in 2021.

- The line of companies needing machine time increased dramatically, because for many of them, it was their first time producing in the USA, unlike Crawler Innovations, which has always been a USA made product.

- Product distribution, after 12 years of running Crawler Innovations, the demand for more companies becoming dealers increased, and most of them want the product at 45-55% off the MAP price. CI could not do that. But due to their requests, the pricing was streamlined and all foam pairs are the same price depending on its product line.

The discount code for Crawler Innovations is;
iamworthy
That will take 11% off your order at CI.

The standard inner is still available. But the comp cut inner will always be recommended and preferred since it is the most responsive foam for rc rock crawling.

Back