• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rc4wd Bulldog 9300xt Scale Winch PROBLEM!

raiders32

Rock Stacker
Hi I'm new to this forum, so i'm not sure if this threat has been posted already. I have an axial scx10 with all traxxas electronics (2.4 GHz, XL-5 esc, etc.) I've been through 3 rc4wd 9300xt winches (not wireless). The problem that I had with them is that the winch itself would vibrate when in the neutral postition. When I would flip the switch eigther spool in/out , the winch would work fine. I have the reciever plug that is connected to the winch's circuit board plugged into the 3-channel. I am running my winch through the power of the reciever. My truck runs with a Traxxas 7-cell battery.

I have already sent back 1 of the winches to rc4wd and got another winch with the same problem. I told them that I had the same problem and they sent back another one.

So I'm wondering if any of you guys could tell me what i'm doing wrong or would you guys would recommend to do.

You might post a copy of this in the electronics section since only SCX10 guys are looking here. But there might be some real electronics gurus there to help. "thumbsup"

I had the same problem with mine. It would sound like its vibrating and it would actually spool out the winch line. There is a neutral adjustment on the winch control. It comes from RC4WD with some lock tight to keep it from moving. Use a small phillips screwdriver to adjust it and use very, very small adjustment. When you get it to stop vibrating add a drop of red lock tight to glue it in again. I run mine through a Castle Creations BEC set at 6v and dont have any more issues. Hope this helps

Mine would be fine until I used it.
Then it would either spool in or out once in neutral.
I bought one of Heyok's winch controllers and that fixed all issues with it.
He sells them in the vendors section... I also bought one of his BEC's.

The neutral switch they give u is poop. I used the 3 racing harness and it works perfect.
No glitching..

The neutral switch they give u is poop. I used the 3 racing harness and it works perfect.
No glitching..

Same here. Replaced the rc4wd poop with a 3racing and it held neutral fine. Tossed the rc4wd controller in the round filing cabinet after less than 5 minutes of opening the package.

I had the same problem with mine. It would sound like its vibrating and it would actually spool out the winch line. There is a neutral adjustment on the winch control. It comes from RC4WD with some lock tight to keep it from moving. Use a small phillips screwdriver to adjust it and use very, very small adjustment. When you get it to stop vibrating add a drop of red lock tight to glue it in again. I run mine through a Castle Creations BEC set at 6v and dont have any more issues. Hope this helps

Thanks so much, I have this exact problem, I seen that little screw head and I pondered about it but the loc tite being on it threw me off so I never touched it. Thanks man.

I tried that screw head, it works until i go to use the winch again then the winch just starts vibrating and slowly releasing more line.... any ideas?

i'm in a building project of a scx10 from and old,unused ax10.i arrived at the phase of buying a winch,which should i buy?3racing or the bulldog?i like the bulldog one beacuse it seems more realistic,but then i see some of u guys having problems with them.if i buy the bulldog inch and 3 racing controller would i solve the problems?

Back