• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RC Winch

ch0wk0w

Hi guys I just want to ask if I can use this 12v ATV winch controller for my 12v double motor 1/10 scale winch? Im running on 3s 45c 4500mah

Edit: I am asking this because the intented wireless controller overheated as I wast just first testing it without load, the circuit board became super hot, and I would like to know if these atv wireless winch controllers can also give me the forward and reverse functionality for my winch.

RC Winch:
https://shopee.ph/product/564441043/8895515721?smtt=0.297976508-1646663265.9

ATV winch controller:
[669.65 39% OFF]2.4G 12V Digital Wireless Winch Remote Control Recovery Kit For Jeep SUV Module Board from Electronic Components & Supplies on banggood
https://banggood.onelink.me/zMT7/df2d450
4c0624ed89b4db69eac8733335d2cc39.jpg
94de401d59726c3e119b304127511025.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That is just a wire-in remote control that gets connected to the winch controller on full-scale. I am not sure that it would actually give you the functionality you are looking for.

Simple answer: No.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Because I bought one that is intended for 10th scale but it just overheated when I plugged in my battery

That is just a wire-in remote control that gets connected to the winch controller on full-scale. I am not sure that it would actually give you the functionality you are looking for.
Thank you for your input

i woldnt say no. wile that controler is for activating a relay theres a good change it can handle 3-5 amps that your winch is going to draw. if you can find an amp rating on it of at least 5 amps id say yes

i woldnt say no. wile that controler is for activating a relay theres a good change it can handle 3-5 amps that your winch is going to draw. if you can find an amp rating on it of at least 5 amps id say yes
thank you

i think you would be better off upgrading the radio to a 3 or more channel radio and use a small esc to run the winch
im guessing the old set up had something wrong with it rather than drawing to much power those things draw almost nothing even at max torque
they sell all kinds of mini escs personaly i like to use a full size esc so i can run the winch directly off the main battery

Back