• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Radiolink RC6GS V2 How to turn on lighting

mikro383

Quarry Creeper
I've got an Axial 10.3 Gladiator with the factory head and taillights and a Club5 rock light kit, using the Radiolink RC6GS V2 I do have the dig servo on channel 3 and a servo winch on channel 4 using the 3pos switches on top, I want to be able to turn all the lights on or off, connected via a splitter off one of the other channels and can't seem to figure it out, I've tried reversing the channel operations via the radio, reversing wire leads from +/- to signal, turning epa's to zero, no matter how I try they're always just on, what am I doing wrong? Please help!

Sent from my SM-S134DL using Tapatalk

I've got an Axial 10.3 Gladiator with the factory head and taillights and a Club5 rock light kit, using the Radiolink RC6GS V2 I do have the dig servo on channel 3 and a servo winch on channel 4 using the 3pos switches on top, I want to be able to turn all the lights on or off, connected via a splitter off one of the other channels and can't seem to figure it out, I've tried reversing the channel operations via the radio, reversing wire leads from +/- to signal, turning epa's to zero, no matter how I try they're always just on, what am I doing wrong? Please help!

do you have the on/off switch connected to the right channel on the receiver

I know I can designate which channel to which button but not sure I understand what you're asking, and yes I've tried telling the transmitter which channel for which button, I am using a 7ch receiver and do have a 6ch I could try instead and it's running a Hobbywing fusion pro the higher kv one

Right, but you still need an additional item, it's basically a relay. Keep in mind, the receiver only has 3 pins. Positive power, Negative, and a "signal" wire. The signal wire is not an on/off output like one would think, nor does it have the correct voltage output to run lights. Connecting it to an already used channel, won't work out well either.

You need something like this - if you want to run it off of an un-used channel:
https://www.amazon.com/Remote-Controlled-Electronic-Switch-Relay/dp/B08FLZXSD7/

Other wise, you're likely better off wiring them to your ESC power plug from the battery and installing a manual switch inline.

Last edited:
Right, but you still need an additional item, it's basically a relay. Keep in mind, the receiver only has 3 pins. Positive power, Negative, and a "signal" wire. The signal wire is not an on/off output like one would think, nor does it have the correct voltage output to run lights. Connecting it to an already used channel, won't work out well either.

You need something like this - if you want to run it off of an un-used channel:
https://www.amazon.com/Remote-Controlled-Electronic-Switch-Relay/dp/B08FLZXSD7/

Other wise, you're likely better off wiring them to your ESC power plug from the battery and installing a manual switch inline.
Awesome thank you, I was looking at the Heyok ones they're 3 times the cost, no idea how much load 4 little Rock lights and 2 head and tail lights draw, would the 4 Amp be sufficient?

Awesome thank you, I was looking at the Heyok ones they're 3 times the cost, no idea how much load 4 little Rock lights and 2 head and tail lights draw, would the 4 Amp be sufficient?

The HeyOk ones, work well and if size/space is of absolute consideration, it's a great choice, but pricey....

As for the one I linked, Cheap is ok, and I have space. If the lights you are running are LED, 4 amp is more than enough.

Last edited:
I suppose this is why I haven't sold many of my RC Switch for LEDs lately. It's hard to compete once they start building what I make overseas.

I suppose this is why I haven't sold many of my RC Switch for LEDs lately. It's hard to compete once they start building what I make overseas.

Yup, today's new online market world is all about SEO ranking. If you're not up in the ranks, you don't get seen. Most folks in buying for hobby, price isn't usually the first consideration. But if your item is listed 10+ results in... The 1st that has a direct hit gets listed highest, and 99% of the time has the highest purchase rate.

Yup, today's new online market world is all about SEO ranking. If you're not up in the ranks, you don't get seen. Most folks in buying for hobby, price isn't usually the first consideration. But if your item is listed 10+ results in... The 1st that has a direct hit gets listed highest, and 99% of the time has the highest purchase rate.
I'm 3rd if you search for rc switch heyok, but all three are my product.
Can you tell me how to improve my rank?

I'm 3rd if you search for rc switch heyok, but all three are my product.
Can you tell me how to improve my rank?

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is its own dark art.
You would be best served by finding someone who specializes in SEO.
All I can say is, if you search for RC Led light switch, you're on like the 6th page of google, and don't even show up in the first 8 pages of bing, or duckduckgo.

I tried using the cheaper on/off relays and had issues. No issues with the heyok one.
Thank you for that input, have a Heyok which controller that's worked flawless for years, that says something and the compact size is a bonus. Thanks for everyone's help.

Back