• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Radio for TRX4/6

Raul_Lopez

Greetings, I am new to this rc crawling, my wife has a TRX4 Bronco and I TRX6, we already changed the servos, the next modification I want to make to my TRX6 is to change the motor, possibly Hobbywing Ax 550, but first I want to change the control remote since traxxas RTRs do not have any settings and if they are very complicated, years ago it competed in onroad nitro and had sophisticated controls but only 2 channels. As you know the trx4 / 6 have lockable differentials and 2-speed transmission, I ask, what control has the ability to control the 2 differential servos and the transmission servo? And seen that many use the Flysky, the FS NB4 catches my attention, others would be Futaba, but I want to know your opinions and experiences, thank you very much

Welcome to the forum!

I've always used Spektrum personally. Running two DX4C's now but if I had to replace I would be looking at the DX5C Rugged. Receivers aren't cheap like Flysky but they're reasonable. I have yet to ever have a single issue in the four years these have been in service or ever wanted more adjustments.

I know Flysky is very popular but it's also the only brand I've seen people have functionality and interference issues with at crawls and comps.

Welcome to the forum!

I've always used Spektrum personally. Running two DX4C's now but if I had to replace I would be looking at the DX5C Rugged. Receivers aren't cheap like Flysky but they're reasonable. I have yet to ever have a single issue in the four years these have been in service or ever wanted more adjustments.

I know Flysky is very popular but it's also the only brand I've seen people have functionality and interference issues with at crawls and comps.

Right now I was reading about the DX5 rugged and I think it is a good option, I was looking for one with a touch screen but to be walking and hanging on the car on a trail, I think that such an expensive and delicate one would not be suitable

I am a Spetrum fan as well, I run a DX5R and DX5C, happy with both.

The trick with here is with the locking diffs. The RTR TQ radio handles these, but you have two options with aftermarket radios, run each differential lock off of its own channel, or get a Traxxas T-Loc module to run them both off of the same channel.

I am a Spetrum fan as well, I run a DX5R and DX5C, happy with both.

The trick with here is with the locking diffs. The RTR TQ radio handles these, but you have two options with aftermarket radios, run each differential lock off of its own channel, or get a Traxxas T-Loc module to run them both off of the same channel.

I run my Summit on a 16 channel air radio with a 8 channel rx. I us the T-Loc for the diffs so I can control them from one switch. This is a surface FPV vehicle so I needed more channels for other functions.

The RTR TQ only has 4 channels and is controlling 5 things so my guess is that they built the T-Loc into the TX instead of separate like the older Summits.

Back