• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Race track in snow?

TIREBUSTER

Quarry Creeper
Ok guys. We got about a foot of snow. It's kinda dried out now so it's powdery. I've got a track in my backyard all shoveled out and then groomed it with a broom. It looks pretty good but I'm pretty sure our rustlers are just gonna dig right through it all and maybe struggle a little. Any suggestions on how to maybe ice it over a little or something to give it a good surface?!

Also, any suggestions on building a jump with the snow? Building it up then covering it in water or?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Dont put large amounts of water at once. A sprayer, so it freezes fast. Thats gow id build up your jumps, layer by layer. Unless you have paddle tires, or some spiked tires, you'll have a hard time gaining traction with a 2wd rig.

paddles and razors up front. Traxxas has them available I believe.

As noted a spray of water is better than a stream.
wont take but a few good layers to harden up the surface.

But if its loamy/fluffy atm. go with the paddles to start, you won't regret it.

Brushless, a big battery and paddle tires are super fun in the snow. The deeper the snow, the more power you are going to need to stay on top. You can run the track in with a garden tractor or quad to compact the snow. But in that case, just have fun on the quad!

Big floaty tires, like clodbuster tires would float over powder nicely, I think.

Round here, there are days here and there that get above 30, and if it's sunny, the snow is compatible and easily manipulated into shape. That's when you need to do what you need to do. Someone mentioned a quad, but we used snowmobiles to pack down the snow for the quads, as they aren't much better in the snow then an rc car, actually relatively worse.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Back