• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Questions on capra axle swap to wraith/bomber hybrid HELP NEEDED! LOL

I've got what use to be a bomber that I partially merged to a wraith. Custom cage, ar60s, brushless motor, ect. I've battled torque twist its entire life. Everything but the axles themselves has been upgraded to top quality metal parts. I had been planning on doing portals & 4ws for quite some time. Then the capra was released. Instantly I thought well I could swap them eliminating torque twist, adding portals, eliminating weak screw on hubs, ect. I've found full metal front capra axles ready to bolt in so I considered getting 2 fronts. I know with the ar60 you can flip ring gear and reverse axle direction but after looking at capra diagrams I'm not sure if that's possible. So I'm wondering if it is with what's already on the stock design axle. Correct me if I'm wrong but the front capra is a high pinion which I could def want to keep. So is it simply done? Another issue I've had with my ar60s is shearing the shafts especially the rear. My rig has a lot of weight as everything but the axle housings are metal & my motor is very stout. I come from real life crawlers/bouncers so power has to coincide with capability. I just don't want to make a bad decision putting two all metal front capra axles in my wraith with 4wd. Any info & insight is extremely appreciated!

A rear swaybar will help with torque twist. Axial makes a sway bar kit for the RR10 bomber - part number AXI31331

Well as mentioned my rig is no longer a bomber nor wraith. I do appreciate the insight but mainly trying to determine this Capra axle swap & flipping the gear on a front assembly to run as the rear axle

Back