• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Project "Wrender" 8th Scale Ford F100

Dextroyer

Pebble Pounder
Here's a little something I have been working on for a bit now. I ordered an Ascender kit to use the axles for a GCM/New Bright JK scaler build to mimic my 1:1. I had a Wraith sitting on the bench untouched for months. I found this body at a LHS and a light bulb went off! This is where it sits as of right now.

4tvm6YarF6BZfhlFyQ-vINXnTMAltMqzy3g48wUAa7Kl=w1091-h911-no

Vaterra Ascender frame/trans
Wraith axles/links
RPM 2.2 Revolvers wrapped with 1.9 Ascender TSL SX
TODBLDZ Wroncho plates
Tekin RS Gen2 with Holmes Hobbies BL Stubby 540 on 3s
Hitec 7950TH
GPM Traxxas Stampede shocks with Integy springs

Still some sorting to do, but it works as expected right now. Can't say the same for the Trakpower TK950 I opened today to work on it :roll:

Looks cool! the color combo really makes it stand out! I'd like to see a pic from the underside, how you did your links.

Last edited:
seem like he need a longer link to avoid putting that spacer..or it there so it won't bind the link
It's interesting to see cause i want to make one for my rig same concept scx10 chassis rails to wraith axles..."thumbsup"
Nice work..

That spacer is above the drag link for a couple reasons, but mainly to keep the angle of the panhard and the drag link as parallel as possible. I made an effort to use a hodgepodge of existing links and rod ends I had on hand to complete the build.

I think it may add more stress to the horn more than anything. I essentially needed a drop pitman arm like you would on the 1:1. The Hitec 7950th has no problem with plastic wheels and 1.9 tires either way. Its a short metal link with a stainless screw running through into the captive nut on the horn it is rather stout all things considered. Gonna get ready for a shakedown run here in a bit.

The Ascender chassis looks narrower than an scx10 chassis. I did a wroncho a couple years ago with a traxxas SC Dodge body on an scx10 frame, 4-linked front and rear, and no driveshaft interference. I just like to see how other builders set up their links.

Hmmm, I looked them plates up, interesting. I just clocked my axles a bit, lengthened the wheelbase to 13.5", used 104mm links up front, and 106mm links out back, and bolted everything to the frame rails and skid.

He just added a bit more detail. You've got the skills to do that too. I was working on tube bumpers for mine when I had the inkling to build a 1/6 Jeep, and robbed the chassis for it.

That spacer is above the drag link for a couple reasons, but mainly to keep the angle of the panhard and the drag link as parallel as possible. I made an effort to use a hodgepodge of existing links and rod ends I had on hand to complete the build.

Could you move the spacer from the servo horn to the knuckle to gain the same effect for the panhard angle while helping alleviate any adverse strain on the servo arm or servo itself caused by said spacer?

Sent from the clouds

Could you move the spacer from the servo horn to the knuckle to gain the same effect for the panhard angle while helping alleviate any adverse strain on the servo arm or servo itself caused by said spacer?

Sent from the clouds

I don't see why not. I will change it up when I go to work on that project some more. Thanks for the insight! "thumbsup"

Back