• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Project " Old Skool" 73' Bronco Wraith

cazper51

Rock Stacker
Hi all. I know this is my first post but I have been lurking while I got things fixed with my account.

Just a little story here before pictures. I have been in the Hot wheels custom world for over 10 years from building from the ground up and to full custom airbrush paint jobs. I love to make anything my own that I can. I have been in to RC's for as long as I can remember also. I always had on roads and off roads but always felt crawlers were not my thing......... Boy was I wrong.

I just recently picked up this Wraith used. No eletronics and in pretty bad shape (sorry never took any pics). I started looking on google at what people were building and thought "dam if I can do 1/64th stuff I should try playing with this Wraith". Well a few months later and this is where I am at.

* On a side note some of the work you guys do here is is just killer! Keep it up for sure.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts and ask anything you like. Cheers.

Just after I got it. I pulled lots of fender crap off and relocated the battery and hinged the hood.

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

And how she sits right now. I still need to do the interior and do my rusting on the body but it is getting there.

001-1.jpg

005.jpg

009-1.jpg

007.jpg

017.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

Parts used so far:
Front and rear trays from a guy in Spain
Gmade 103mm shocks
RC4WD front steering link
RC4WD front and rear Poison Spider diff covers
Axial AX10 front and rear Light Bars
Custom cut and painted proline 73' Bronco body (the one not for the wraith)
5MM offsets on the wheels
Axial ESC and 27turn motor for now
Hitec waterproof servo

And thats all I can think of for now. Cheers and thanks"thumbsup"

Here, it's up.

Now everyone knows that Harley is a lazy ass. "thumbsup"

Really really nice work on the lexan! you cant even tell where u cut it & put it back together from the pics, what are u using to glue it back?

Really really nice work on the lexan! you cant even tell where u cut it & put it back together from the pics, what are u using to glue it back?

Thanks. To glue it back I krazy glued the piece I cut out to the inside and then I used JB weld to fill in all the gaps on the outside and sanded the body lines to match.

Back