• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

Project Dung Beetle

BJoe

I wanna be Dave
I haven't driven my Traxxas Fiesta in nearly 1.5 years and even then it was as a Focus Rally Car with a 1/10 Velineon system in it.

So I decided to redo it the other day, been thinking about his for a while and finally pulled he trigger...........introducing, Project Dung Beetle!

I did end up pulling the Velineon out of it and put the Sidewinder/4600 combo ouy of my M-03 Mini Cooper (which will eventually get a Sidewinder SCT/3800 4-pole put in to) to clear the smaller body, then threw on a beat up set of wide and wider VTA Torque Thrust clones for the look. Going to paint the car on the inside with Model Master Chrysler Metallic Brown Lacquer then paint it inside and out wih the Flat Black Lacquer from the same line. That way as the car rolls and tumbles, it'll scrape the black off and expose that rust brown color under it"thumbsup"

Now all I need is some Servo Tape and some good weather to shoot the paint:roll:

what bug bod is that ??....

It's Proline's Baja Beetle body for the 1/16 E-Revo that I chopped most of the front fenders and a bit of the rear fenders off of to clear the VTA tires since the 1/16 Slash and "Ralliestang" have the short arms and are a good bit narrower than the E-Revo and Summit"thumbsup"

3238-31-3.jpg

Pro-Line VW Body 3238 for 1:16 E-REVO

Now thats gonna be cool"thumbsup"

Thanks, I'm aiming for my typical, hair-brained, odd ball, "that should look cool!", wa ting something unique and different level of low buck insanity with it:mrgreen:

Last edited:
DUDE!!!!!!!! That looks so cool"thumbsup" the slammed look with the HPI torque thrust looking wheels go together perfectly!!! You got me wanting to build one now:lmao:

Thanks! It's pretty easy to set up, even if you need to buy a new one to start with. Find yourself a 1/16 Rally with Revo/Slash front skit and body mounts or Slash 4x4 with Rally shock limiters, the dig up the VTA rolling stock and that body. Fair warning though, the front spring retainers are cranked so far up that the front skid is sitting on the glass in these pics, not quite driveable.

Finally got to do the final stuff tonight after work with the exception of an alignment.

These are more of a poser shot, once again with the front skid on the glass.

While these are at the set ride height for driving the car.

And finally just for the hell of it, a flex shot :lol:

Ok, turns out I misplaced this after changing jobs in 2016 and found it last weekend, took it out for a drive and found it needed some tuning as well as a good cleaning as it still has dirt from my friends back yard from when I still had that Focus body on it 10 years ago!
Here it is as found,

img-8395.jpeg
img-8396.jpeg

Here’s the video of my first run with it in 8 years

After I started tearing it apart last weekend, cleaned it up and freshened the diff and shock oils with 50k and 50wt in the front diff and shocks, 500k in the center diff then 30k and 60wt in the rear diff and shocks. Got a new chassis and doors on the way from an eBay seller that should be here on Monday. I was able to get the duct tape mess off the chassis and right side door, but the left side was starting to tear and decided not to mess with that one and will save those as spares
img-8429.jpeg
img-8432.jpeg

img-8436.jpeg

And finally how is sits tonight, just waiting on the replacement parts.
img-8465.jpeg

Back