• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Problems after new build

I have just upgraded my AX10 scorpion (RTR) with a bunch of bits from the internet hoping they would fit. They mostly came together but it turns out the lower links are much longer that the stock ones (139mm) and now i have an even lower ride height. Is it because the stock shocks are too short? (100mm roughly), because that seems to be the problem. I have put the lower links on the inner most mounting holes and the top of the shocks on the outer, and its basically flat now. My lowers are also binding on basically everything under compression as they are currently at full droop and inline with the skid plate.

Last edited:
I have just upgraded my AX10 scorpion (RTR) with a bunch of bits from the internet hoping they would fit. They mostly came together but it turns out the lower links are much longer that the stock ones (139mm) and now i have an even lower ride height. Is it because the stock shocks are too short? (100mm roughly), because that seems to be the problem. I have put the lower links on the inner most mounting holes and the top of the shocks on the outer, and its basically flat now. My lowers are also binding on basically everything under compression as they are currently at full droop and inline with the skid plate.
Add 110 mm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not sure what stock link length is. You can shorten the link some by using shorter rod ends. This may help some. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking height will make a rig crawl better. It is seldom the truth. A low center of gravity is needed. Use a longer shock and put a piece of silicone fuel line on the shaft inside the shock to limit ride height if needed. Depending on shock angle it may need a longer shock with longer links.
In the 2.2 comp scene we often lower our crawlers to make them sidehill better. It is a balance game too tall = rollover, too low = bottoming out on skid. Springs can play into this also. If you know some one with a crawler that you like the ride height on see if they will let you take some measurements. Try to copy the position of the shocks and link position as close as possible. Sometimes a mm can make all the difference in how a rig handles. Also think about shortening your new links, it's not hard. Most links are hollow if they are aluminum like Axials are. Good luck.
If you have any specific questions PM me and I will see if I can help you out. I have done a lot of research on here about 4 link geometry. It can get VERY confusing. Good luck"thumbsup"
PS if you can post pics it is very helpful in diagnosing your problem.

Back