• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Pro-Line Big Bore Scaler Shocks

JatoTheRipper

I was browsing the Pro-Line website and saw that their black and grey PowerStroke Scaler Shocks are discontinued. The blue Pro-Spec Scaler Shocks are still available.

I also found that they have a listing for Big Bore Scaler Shocks. It'll be interesting to see them. Scalers don't need big bores IMO unless you're talking about something less trail truck and more performance like the Capra. Although "big bore" is a relative term and Traxxas Big Bore shocks look fine on scalers.

The rebuild kit and spring assortment kit for the Big Bore Scaler Shocks are already available on Pro-Line's website so I'm thinking this shock will be a parts bin special, but I guess we'll see.

https://www.prolineracing.com/big-bore-scaler-shocks/

82360127_2751230114938364_767472898737700864_o.jpg
81644279_2751230228271686_6162431961202688000_o.jpg

Yep, this teaser was also posted on Facebook. These may or may not be the Big Bore Scaler Shocks.

EDIT: 4RunnerKid posted the photos while I was writing my post. :ror: I deleted the photos - no need for duplicates.

Nice, hopefully they leak free. "thumbsup"

Having run several sets of their shocks on monster trucks and SCTs, I have never had a set leak. If these are built, as I suspect, to the same quality/tolerances of their other shocks, they'll be very smooth and leak free.

They look kinda chunky for my taste in RC scaler shocks.

My Pro-Spec Scaler Shocks leak like a sieve, but it could be my poor building of them...

All the time, unfortunately...that's why never buy their kits. :lmao::x

Nice, hopefully they leak free. "thumbsup"
Until recently, I was running the ProSpec shocks on my first Rustler 4x4, and I never had any problems. Now that I've replaced them with Traxxas GTRs, my ProSpec shocks are on my step-dad's Slash.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place [emoji1690]

Just looking at the details I see the springs are pretty unique being a single dual rate spring, I cant recall seeing a dual rate setup using just one spring.

Oh and only 1 X-ring is used to seal the shaft, which I'm sure is fine but its a funny comparison to Pit Bulls shocks with 4 seals for the shaft lol.

9EfTtprl.jpg

I'm pleased to see its not some hideous anodized color. oh and it uses bladders, also nice to see.

Last edited:
I was thinking about these for my second Capra...but, seeing as it only had a single X-ring, I'm not so sure. Even the Desert Lizard shocks installed on my first Capra have 2 seals.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place [emoji1690]

Single X-ring is probably a deal breaker for me too. Sure, less X-rings means less stiction, but then there's more risk for leaking.

Back