• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Please hellpppppp :(

George014

Pebble Pounder
Recently, when I was at the land rover show, my CC-01 started making a horrible noise. It was coming from the transmission I suspect. Like a clunking/grinding sound. This was when it was under any slight pressure. I had this problem a while back but I just adjusted the pinion and fixed it. But this didn't do anything. I also tried greasing every gear but nothing. Please HELP!!!

How old is your truck? Most likely, some of the screws that hold the gear cover down have either become loose, or stripped out all together. It's a very common issue on these trucks. I would suggest drilling through the chassis on the screw that is closest to the battery tray, and the one that is in the corner by the right wheel well and using longer screws and bolts. You can also shim the angle gears for a tighter mesh once you do this.

How old is your truck? Most likely, some of the screws that hold the gear cover down have either become loose, or stripped out all together. It's a very common issue on these trucks. I would suggest drilling through the chassis on the screw that is closest to the battery tray, and the one that is in the corner by the right wheel well and using longer screws and bolts. You can also shim the angle gears for a tighter mesh once you do this.

OK thanks. My truck isn't even a year old but I did notice a few weeks ago that all the holes are stripped that holds the gear casing down. So i Will do what you said and try and fix it :)

hey

hey thanks! I fitted new screws but it didn't fix it :( However I took apart the rear diff and found two screws in the metal diff bit had come out and the diff bit was all loose from it so I put it back together and fixed it :D:ror:

Yes, threadlock is key on the rear diff. I have had those screws back out and the rear diff come open and bind up on the screws that were rolling around inside the axle housing :oops:

It seems funny that you can build these trucks, run the crud out of them, open the gear cases back up to lube or install bearings or whatever, bolt them back up and get some kind of gear noise. It just seems weird. I opened mine up today to clean up and relube the gears and before I even applied power noticed a grind in the gears just by turning the tires. After a quick check, I found nothing out of the ordinary, removed a little excess grease, bolted back together, spun the tires and the noise was gone. But gained chatter in the dog bones under power and turning. Wicked Vibration at full lock too. Hope the new universals get here soon.

Yes, threadlock is key on the rear diff. I have had those screws back out and the rear diff come open and bind up on the screws that were rolling around inside the axle housing :oops:

yep thats exactly what happened! :) not sure why? maybe just because of vibrations or something?

Back