• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Play in Link Mounts

DaveGT

Hi,

I'm nearing the completion of my Land Cruiser CR-01 (at last!) and now notice that there's a significant amount of play or slop in the link mounts which are assembled in Step1 of the manual. This means that there can be quite a lot of movement of the wheel or axle before the damper starts to do it's job.

Is this normal? Do most people replace these with an option part?

Cheers,

Dave.

Just need to reconfigure to this geometrically correct perfect harmonization of axle, pivot point, and shock
10022010004sm.jpg

Nah, just kidding -that sucked.

I ran mine stock for a long time. They slop a lot more after a while - be ready. Didn't bother me though, I rolled over a lot more trying to climb stuff way out of my capabilities.

Then replaced with stand up shocks and was all the happier for it.

Zip ties will work as well if you like the stock set-up. Simple, cheap and effective.

Back