• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

PL Hyrax and PL 2.2 Two Stage Foams

SteveB1

Quarry Creeper
I need to double check, but I cannot fit their 2.2 Two-Stage foam into my new set of Hyrax 2.2 tires.

I see clearly that the PL website states the only tires the 2.2 two-stage foams fit are their Super Swamler XL and their other XL tire, which is discontinued. The Hyrax is not listed as a fit.

Am I missing something? I have read here that people have been able to fit their two-stage foams on the Hyrax? I have both in my hands and these don't fit; it's not even close.

Aside from the bead of the tire being less than ideal, I'm surprised they don't offer a two-stage foam which does not fit what appears to be an awesome tire.

CI is still waiting on their 2.2 foams to come in. I purchased 4 sets of Rock Beast foams to hold me over.

2.2 Hyrax are close enough in size to the XL's that the foams should definitely fit. Got any photos showing the tires and foams next to each other?

wjCZiZGh.jpg

oUC2K06h.jpg

VeqKMGEh.jpg

s

They will definitely fit. What I do is squeeze the foams until they are flat and then fold them in half. Then shove that folded mess into the tire and then open it open. You will have to stretch the hole in the tire to get the foams inside. Do it as fast possible so the tires aren't permanently deformed.

They will definitely fit. What I do is squeeze the foams until they are flat and then fold them in half. Then shove that folded mess into the tire and then open it open. You will have to stretch the hole in the tire to get the foams inside. Do it as fast possible so the tires aren't permanently deformed.
Well that explains why my proline foams are different then everyone else's as you stated in that other post Jato, mine would snap in half if I tried that, the blue layer is hard as a rock.

Well that explains why my proline foams are different then everyone else's as you stated in that other post Jato, mine would snap in half if I tried that, the blue layer is hard as a rock.

They will not snap. It feels like they will, but they won't. You have to compress them to install them inside the tires. Otherwise it's impossible.

They will not snap. It feels like they will, but they won't. You have to compress them to install them inside the tires. Otherwise it's impossible.
Thanks Jato, might give em a shot again, only used them for one run, seemed like concrete to me. Good excuse to use a brand new set of rims, tires and foams I ran for an HR once anyways.

J,

Thanks! I will give them a try tonight. Sitting here with a half dozen set of vanquish wheels and a pile of tires. Kills me that CI is out of 2.2 foam.

s

Back