• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

PIssues with Proline Dual Density Foams

GTABurnout

Picked up a set of Proline dual Density foams for my TRX4 2021 Bronco. The cheap foams I had were just too soft for the TRX4. The new foams seems to work out great until I really started to wheel them then the inner foams always seems to slide to the inner part of the wheel making the tire look deformed and not work that well.

Has any one had this issue? Should I have glued or stuck my inner foam to the bead lock some how?

Thanks

That seems odd, as I've had a few sets of those and I've never had that issue. I wonder if your foams are too short for your tires, resulting in a lack of tension between the two foam layers.

If not, maybe you're a lot harder on your tires than I am. The glue option seems like a good way to fix your problem, assuming your foams are the right size for your tires. I'd try it to save those foams, as they're not cheap.

Oh, and I definitely wouldn't glue the foam to any part of the wheel or tire.

But gluing the inner foam to the outer foam might solve your problem.

You mentioned beadlocks. Do you know how wide the beadlocks are? I swapped tires between beadlocks and noticed some side to side movement between the tires and rims and realized that the new beadlocks were 5mm or so wider than the previous ones which likely caused this.

That seems odd, as I've had a few sets of those and I've never had that issue. I wonder if your foams are too short for your tires, resulting in a lack of tension between the two foam layers.

If not, maybe you're a lot harder on your tires than I am. The glue option seems like a good way to fix your problem, assuming your foams are the right size for your tires. I'd try it to save those foams, as they're not cheap.
The foams seemed to be far larger then the tires. They are Proline XL's in 4.72 tires.

You mentioned beadlocks. Do you know how wide the beadlocks are? I swapped tires between beadlocks and noticed some side to side movement between the tires and rims and realized that the new beadlocks were 5mm or so wider than the previous ones which likely caused this.

They are Injora (amazon)_ 1.9 bead locks. I guess I can measure them. It seems odd no one else has had issues.

They are Injora (amazon)_ 1.9 bead locks. I guess I can measure them. It seems odd no one else has had issues.

I use a bunch of Amazon beadlocks but recently realized that once the rims get wider than 25mm the tires/foams tend to wiggle a bit. If you go into your Amazon purchase history you should be able to find the dimension of the beadlocks, either in the pictures or description.

I have fixed this issue by using a few wraps of gorilla tape around the inner ring of the beadlock until the foam has something to kind of bite into. Plus the tape is thick and the backside is webbed a bit so it helps hold the foam in place much better. Hope this helps.

I use different everything, but had to glue my foams in place. Just a few drops around the wheel to stop the foam from sliding around. Tuning rings would probably help but this was a free and instant solution.

Back