• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

PinSeeker Tires best RTR tire

MAGNUMB

Quarry Creeper
I have to say the PinSeeker tire that comes on the Element SE is by far the best RTR tire out. Traxxas Canyon is decent especially with new foams and cut treads, but this pinseeker is really good....might even be excellent with some different foams. Anyone else have good results.

I concur. Despite being oddly thin, the Pinseeker is surprisingly good out of the box, that is: unmodified, on stock foams. With cut/sipe and new foams, Canyon Trails kill 'em, but the Pinseekers are worlds better than Grabbers.

Nice to hear the positive feedback. For the terrain I play on up here the Canyon Trails have been a great tire, especially with the tread opened up. If these have the potential to be even better, I am encouraged. Its time for the age of crappy RTR tires to end.

I concur. Despite being oddly thin, the Pinseeker is surprisingly good out of the box, that is: unmodified, on stock foams. With cut/sipe and new foams, Canyon Trails kill 'em, but the Pinseekers are worlds better than Grabbers.

....Maybe being thin is actually what helps them perform. Places more of the vehicle's weight on smaller contact patch to provide better traction.

A little update on these tires. They work pretty darn well and started to like the look of them.
I've found they work even better with some boom racing silicone inserts in the front. Allows the tire work better on the rocks, but not as responsive in trailing.

Back