• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Performa p1 radical waterproof brushless combo for crawlers

Just saw this over at bigsquid
Performa-P1-Radical-Waterproof-Brushless-Combo.jpg

PERFORMA P1 RADICAL WATERPROOF BRUSHLESS COMBO FOR CRAWLERS
New from Performa Racing is the Radical Limited Red Rock Edition Crawler Combo. This brushless combo set comes with a waterproof ESC and motor to give you an upgrade in power when off-roading.

* Comes with special “Limited Red Rock Edition” Radical crawling motor
* Includes new Radical Crawler speed controller
* New sensor technology with Crawler Special staggered pole rotor
* Ultra-smooth throttle control without cogging
* 2100kV motor

Last edited:
Just saw this over at bigsquid

Performa-P1-Radical-Waterproof-Brushless-Combo.jpg

PERFORMA P1 RADICAL WATERPROOF BRUSHLESS COMBO FOR CRAWLERS

New from Performa Racing is the Radical Limited Red Rock Edition Crawler Combo. This brushless combo set comes with a waterproof ESC and motor to give you an upgrade in power when off-roading.

* Comes with special “Limited Red Rock Edition” Radical crawling motor

* Includes new Radical Crawler speed controller

* New sensor technology with Crawler Special staggered pole rotor

* Ultra-smooth throttle control without cogging

* 2100kV motor
Interesting, wonder what Hobbywing ESC that really is?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I worry about that staggered pole rotor. The axe has one of those and it was smaller and weaker then a standard motor. Are there other staggered pole motors with plenty of torque on ?

I worry about that staggered pole rotor. The axe has one of those and it was smaller and weaker then a standard motor. Are there other staggered pole motors with plenty of torque on ?

As far as I understand it, a stagger pole rotor is used to lower the cogging torque of a motor and lower the minimum RPM, but it will always lower peak torque because less of the magnet is engaged at any give time.

Interesting, wonder what Hobbywing ESC that really is?

It's probably just something that looks like a HobbyWing.

Has anybody heard of Performa electronics before this? I have not.

After looking at the website, that's what leads me to believe it's just a rebranded Hobbywing.

https://performaracing.com/elektrom...rforma-p1-radical-crawler-bl-combo.html?sl=en

Looks are often deceiving. Just because it looks like a HobbyWing ESC doesn't mean it is. I mean there are HobbyWing clones out there that look very similar to HobbyWing products. Some of them even take HobbyWing firmware, but they are not authentic products. They are clones. This ESC could be a clone just as easily as it could be an authentic HobbyWing product.

Here's the ESC by itself.

, ,(PA9360) by Per

performaracing-pa9360-2.jpg

performaracing-pa9360-1.jpg

I purchased the ESC!

when it arrives, ill report back

its very cheap. 120AUD delivered. there are no Mamba X under $350 in AUS, and tekins are $400+

As far as I understand it, a stagger pole rotor is used to lower the cogging torque of a motor and lower the minimum RPM, but it will always lower peak torque because less of the magnet is engaged at any give time.

Yep, spot on. It's not a silver bullet though. I've made staggered poles for bEMF reasons and it increased startup RPM and smoothness in a bad way. Lowering the cogging torque/ detent force of a motor is a complicated task.

Looks like it could be great, could be so so. I imagine market peak is coming soon, RCcrawling has been a fad for at least 15 years now :lol:

I purchased the ESC!

when it arrives, ill report back

its very cheap. 120AUD delivered. there are no Mamba X under $350 in AUS, and tekins are $400+

I dunno sir. That comes out to $85 USD for me. You can get a Mamba Micro or a used Mamba Max Pro for under that.

I love this esc. I have it running a tekin ROC412 2800kv motor and it works really well. I might consider adding a fan in summer, as it gets warm now (not hot, but its only 15deg C here at the moment)

Also, my 1080WP esc program card, programs this ESC. You need to use the manual to make sure you have the correct prompts, as they obviously do not line up with the brushed hobbywing.

Back