• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Parts for the HobbyPlus CR-24

BashNSlash

Quarry Creeper
Hobby Plus CR-24

I'm hoping we can put together a list of parts known to work with is little guy.

I know that AsiaTees has parts available for the CR-24, but not all are in stock and I'm sure many of us want to use other hop-ups for electronics, tires, etc.

If you know of any specific products that will work, please post them below. If any modding is needed to get these parts to work, please make that clear!

I will try to keep this list as organized as possible "thumbsup"

Motors:
Hobby Plus 030 Micro Motor for CR-24

ESC:
Hobby Plus CR24 ESC/RX Combo for CR-24

Receivers:
Hobby Plus CR24 ESC/RX Combo for CR-24

Servos:
Hobby Plus 1KG SERVO for CR-24

Axle components:
Hobby Plus Axle Drive Shaft Set for CR-24
Hobby Plus Transmission Gear Box & Axle Set for CR-24

Body:
n/a

Bearings / Bushings:
Hobby Plus CR24 Complete Bushing Set for CR-24

Bumpers / Skidplates / Electronics mounts:
Hobby Plus Bumper & Electronics Mount Set for CR-24

Chassis / mounts:
Hobby Plus Main Chassis Set for CR-24
Hobby Plus Body and Bumper Post Set for CR-24

Driveline components:
Hobby Plus Universal Main Drive Shaft Set & Rear Axle Hub for CR-24

Hardware (screws, nuts, etc):
nothing yet

Led / lighting:
Hobby Plus CR24 LED Light Set

Steering components:
Hobby Plus Complete Vehicle Links Set for CR-24
Hobby Plus Front Steering Hub & Spindle for CR-24

Shocks:
Hobby Plus Complete Shocks Set for CR-24

Gears:
Hobby Plus Complete Vehicle Gear Set for CR-24

Tires / Wheels:
Hobby Plus Internal Bead Lock Wheel Set (Grey) for CR-24
Hobby Plus 1:24 MT Crawler TireSpecial formulated super soft compound (4pcs) for CR-24

Transmission:
Hobby Plus Transmision Gear Shaft Set for CR-24
Hobby Plus Transmission Gear Box & Axle Set for CR-24

Misc / other / not categorized:
Hobby Plus CR24 Control & Drive Unit for CR-24(OEM part; servo, esc/transmitter, motor combo)
Hobby Plus Ball Stud & Pin Set for CR-24

I love posts with stats and specs haha
Nearly everything will swap between a Barrage/FTX/RGT with no or little modifications. I started, but haven't finished typing up an update to an old post comparing micro crawlers. The plan is to have a parts breakdown, list cross compatibly, and post measurements with pictures. I've had the Losi Micro Rock Crawler, Trail Trekker, and Sumo. I will be adding the ECX Temper, Proline Ambush, RC4WD Mini Gelande, ECX Barrage/FTX Outback/RGT Adventurer, and finally the HobbyPlus CR-24.
All of these are very similar, yet different with lots of parts that swap.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

A cross compatibility chart would be awesome!

I'm in the process of ordering in some replacement parts, but it's frustrating to see things like the motor or gears not being in stock - if I could buy eqivilants from another brand, then I would be happy to. But I don't want to guess, so I hope we can all crowd source some exact parts that people can just order up and use. "thumbsup"

The CR-24 is still only a few months old. even the micro crawlers with good parts support have taken a little while to build up inventory. The same was true with the losi, sumo, RC4WD, and Barrage/FTX to some degree. The fact the parts have already showed up FS online at all hopefully means they will be readily available

Last edited:
I noticed that some of these 1/24 crawlers use a 030 motor, while others use the 050 size.

The CR-24 has a 030, as does the Gelande, but I wonder if there are any advantages of putting a 050 motor in the CR-24 (or even if it's possible).

@spoo76, have you tried? :ror:

The only ones I know of running the 050 are the ECX Barrage/FTX Outback/RGT Adventurer which are essentially all the same thing other than tires & body.

The Carisma MSA-1E uses a PUNY motor that looks like an N20. Definitely undersized which is unfortunate for the $130 cost because it stalls on nearly any obstacle in front of the tires unless you give it lots more throttle input, which of course causes it to jump and lurch forward. Between the tiny motor and bushings like the cheap rigs it's hard to recommend the Carisma over the CR-24 that's $40 less

The Losi 1/36 micros, 1/24 Micro Rock Crawler, Trail Trekker, 1/24 SCT/Rally/Truggy use a 030 or similar sized motor like the atomic BB from a manufacturer that no longer makes them which is unfortunate because it was much higher quality than the rest that use cheap Chinese motors.

030 or similar seems to be in the rest like the Redcat Sumo/HBX Devastator,ECX Temper, Proline Ambush, RC4WD Mini Gelande, and the CR-24. All use cheaper Chinese motors with weaker magnets.

I did try to mount the Barrage motor onto the CR-24, but the motor mount holes are opposite of the Barrage and I had already slotted the motor mount holes a bunch when mounting the 64t Barrage Spur to replace the 54t on the CR-24.
The CR-24 with a 64t Barrage spur & 9t pinion on 2S is awesome.

BTW the complete set of CR-24 transmission parts, skid plate, & motor to make it a complete bolt in for a Barrage/FTX should be about $25ish if I remember.
Add in a 9t pinion and the existing Barrage 64t spur gear and you'll have even more gear reduction than a Mini Gelande V2 transmission.

If you already have a CR-24 then you'll just need a Barrage spur gear for about $2 and a 9t pinion.

As far as if the 050 motor is worth it that depends, if you're replacing a cheap Chinese 030 than maybe, as it's a slightly longer motor. If you had a losi motor you'd be better off getting it rewound by Dan. His DDT Predator motors are great.
I'm working on some MUCH better motor options, and some other options for more gear reduction. As well as some other cool not yet seen micro specific stuff. I'm not ready to share details yet and it's slow going, but everything should work out well.

I put a Barrage motor in my Trail Trekker tranny that’s in a Fungi Shapeways chassis. It works a lot better.

As far as if the 050 motor is worth it that depends, if you're replacing a cheap Chinese 030 than maybe, as it's a slightly longer motor....
I'm working on some MUCH better motor options, and some other options for more gear reduction. As well as some other cool not yet seen micro specific stuff. I'm not ready to share details yet and it's slow going, but everything should work out well.

Exciting!

I put a Barrage motor in my Trail Trekker tranny that’s in a Fungi Shapeways chassis. It works a lot better.

I think I might just get a 050 motor and see how it compares. These motors seem cheap enough to experiment with [emoji23][emoji23]

Be aware it’s not a direct bolt on. The mounting bolt holes are opposite of the Losi. New holes will need to be drilled.

Does anyone know if the Barrage 1/24 bearing kit will work with the cr24? If so, are there any bearings that would be missing/needed due to the different tranny?

The axles should use the same exact bearings, the transmission might use some of the same bearings but it will most likely need a different amount because of the extra gearing. if I get home at a decent time I'll check it out and report back

I have 3 trucks on the way. ECX, RGT, and an D1RC. I just need a Carisma to finish out my collection.

I have a v2 tranny for the ECX coming and I bought a 9t pinion 70T spur, metal axles, lipos, escs, bearings... Going all out on these micros! Can't wait for it all to come!

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

The Carisma isn't bad, but for the $ It could definitely be better and I probably wouldn't get another unless it was used and significantly cheaper. Sure it has soft springs, but that's easy to do on the other crawlers. It seems smooth on flat ground, but that tiny N20 motor for a rig this size is makes it stall nearly every time there's an obstacle in front of the tires requiring more throttle, which makes it lurch forward like you'd expect in a barrage anyway.
What's the point of more gear reduction if your going to handicap it with an even smaller motor? Especially for $40-60 more than the rest of the competition?
The CR-24 may not be perfect either, but being $40 cheaper, with a standard size motor (bigger than Carisma) bead lock wheels, better tires, more scale chassis, and front and rear LEDs it's a better value.
If it we're $90 like the competition I'd say it's a matter of preference.
However In the end, I'm a micro crawler addict and have multiple of each. It's an expensive addiction haha

Anyone will have digitized and to share the instruction manual and parts list of the Hobby Plus CR-24? Thank you.

Back