• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Panhard length

Afterbang

Pebble Pounder
I tried to come up with something cool, as an introduction, everything I came up date's, and I like to think I'm still cool.
Here's the part that I don't feel old about.
I put ierc shock towers on my trx, it moved the panhard link mount. I put everything together without adjusting the link. Everything bound up. I adjusted the links wider, things got better.
I've since put spacers on both ends of my shocks, I'm running desert lizard 110mm. How do I know how long the panhard needs to be? I've made it long, and shortish, but everything sends like it's pivoting on a stopping point. Minimal droop, but the shocks move. The steering link isn't connected. I don't understand what's happening.
Is there a starting point I missed, in on board with making links, I'm just not sure what to do.
Any help is appreciated!!!

You might have to space the panhard link downward so it sits at a lesser angle to compensate for the longer shocks. When you find the sweet spot of how the panhard link should be resting at, copy that angle for the drag link as well. A M3 spacer pack with multiple sizes helps a lot and also even some M3 washers for fine tuning in this scenario. Something like a bag from Team KNK or even some nylon spacers from Amazon.

I appreciate the insight! I added 1/4 spacers made from brake tubing, but still hangs up at full droop. I think I'm OK with it unless there's some other ideas. All the links are pretty close to level with the axle. It still cycles pretty good side to side. I'm still open for ideas!
You might have to space the panhard link downward so it sits at a lesser angle to compensate for the longer shocks. When you find the sweet spot of how the panhard link should be resting at, copy that angle for the drag link as well. A M3 spacer pack with multiple sizes helps a lot and also even some M3 washers for fine tuning in this scenario. Something like a bag from Team KNK or even some nylon spacers from Amazon.

Some pictures would be helpful in this case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good suggestions so far, might need spaced fore/aft on the chassis mount, but pictures would help LOTS. WHat are ierc shock towers?

Back