• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Paint with Mopar "Dozer" paint?

Ghost Koi

Pebble Pounder
Hey guys, new to the RC Hobby and I am planing on painting a new Axial SCX10 Jeep. I was wondering if I could paint it using Mopar's Dozer touch up paint as I would like it to match my real Jeep. Will this adhere well to the Lexan shell and will 5oz be enough for three coats of paint?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate the feedback:)
-Ghost Koi

I've used the spray can stuff off and for years, you'll be good! Clean, mask, scuff with 1000 grit, reclean, and shoot the paint is all you need to do.

Also, do I need to back everything in black after i have applied my Dozer paint or is that just dependent on individual preference?

That will depend on you preferences, I didn't when I've shot Moss Green Pearl (which is what my XJ is painted) or Black Crystal (which is what my parent's van is painted), but you should be able to if you want to add more depth to it. I have found the spray nozzels difficult to use (my fingers start to jam and cramp up for some reason and I think Duratrax has started using the same cans), so if you can get your hands one one of those "can gun" things that allow you to shoot cans of spray paint like you would a spray gun, get it and use it!

I actually found somebody who used it on one of the Axial 4dr JK bodies on his SCX10!

Holy cow is that ORANGE:shock:

2012-12-16_09-24-59_702.jpg

Back