• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

open diffs available?

Team PRP

Does anyone know if there are open differential parts that fit into the Venture axles? I'ld like to maybe make a trail truck rather than a fully locked crawler. I tried searching but didn't find anything.

Why not try a hpi rs4 differential.

I don't have the kit yet. Which RS4 are you thinking? The Sport 3 will not work as it has dogbone outdrives whereas the Venture axles have flat ends that notch into the spool. Wheelyking diff maybe, but the gear and pinion are 39/13 and the venture is 43/13. The venture diff gear doesn't look like it would fit onto the wheelyking diff housing.

Yeah, I couldn't find any diff parts through HPI's catalog/manuals that look like they would match up well enough to build an open diff that would fit. I didn't want to swap axles from various kits with this build either. So, looks like I'm SOL and will just run locked diffs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Back