• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Olive Drab for Lexan

JatoTheRipper

Staff member
Does anybody know of a Lexan paint color that will replicate this olive drab seen on the JConcepts Creep body?

I know I can spray the paint on the outside or coat the body with Tamiya PS-55 for the matte look, but I can't find a polycarbonate paint color similar to this.

I have reached out to JConcepts, but I'm assuming I'll get the default answer something like "we have somebody do our painting therefore we are unable to get that information."

creep_0403.jpg

0403_1.jpg

0403_3.jpg

0403_4.jpg

Paint the outside with lexan color, then you can spray any paint over top of that. Krylon makes a sweet olive color. Camo paint for plastics and fabric.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm looking for rattle can paint. Any color can be created if you airbrush.

Painting the outside, Rustoleum has spray paints for plastic, they may have a matte OD, or a close to it green. Prob cheaper than Tamiya unless you already have it.

Last edited:
Ohh I like their Olive color. Does it not flake off of Lexan?

Reputable forces on RCC have experienced good results when a base coat of PS paint is laid underneath. I have no t yet tried this but will one day. The Tamiya paint Mike referenced should bond to the PS Tamiya paint. Even says so in his link iirc. Not sure how it’s flexibility will compare to PS, but Ernie and Mike have both used Krylon Fusion for plastics over top of PS and had good results.

Yer gonna have to face your skepticism on his one Jato!:ror:

Most important fact is lexan IS SMOOTH..... so it likes a light scuff, BUT FIRST remove all mold release and oils with alcohol or Painters degrease and wax remover, or they can smear everywhere when scuffing or handling.

Hang up and Drive

Dawn works best, inside and outside for releasing mold agents and body oils, dry thoroughly (12-24) hours, watch your humidity & temp, PS paint inside or outside against lexan, follow up with any acrylic or enamel

Back