• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

OG Clod Buster dilemma

oldblue2010

Pebble Pounder
I have my old Clod Buster with an aluminum cantalever chasis- 4 wheel steering and an old airtronics radio/receiver set up. It runs FAST but will hardly climb over my shoe, when it comes upon an obstacle I can hear the motors spinning, but no wheel movement. The turning radius is really bad(it was never a quick turner). What can (or should)I do to make this a better crawler. The motors run fast and the servos seem weak(?) Any ideas, suggestions or opinions greatly appreciated

Wheels are most likely spinning inside the tires. A ~200oz/in or higher servo should help.

I have my old Clod Buster with an aluminum cantalever chasis- 4 wheel steering and an old airtronics radio/receiver set up. It runs FAST but will hardly climb over my shoe, when it comes upon an obstacle I can hear the motors spinning, but no wheel movement. The turning radius is really bad(it was never a quick turner). What can (or should)I do to make this a better crawler. The motors run fast and the servos seem weak(?) Any ideas, suggestions or opinions greatly appreciated
you are probably gona want to ditch that radio and reciver even a $20 special will work better but not realy needed

if you want to crawl you need locked diffs so take it apart and jb weld the differental gears solid also check for.broken and striped parts while you have the axle apart

there is a servo on axle mount and linkage set your probably gona want 2 of those or just lock out the rear and get 1 set also dig is a option to help with turning

for the motors your gona want smaller pinnions 12t should work

and check to see if your tires are glued to the rims

Yeah you have to glue the tires to the wheels, but you also have to lock the diffs inside of the axles. Stock Clod Buster diffs are open.

Last edited:
Back