• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Nylint 1/6 Rock Crawler Gearbox Issue

JonathanS

I have a Nylint 1/6 Crawler. In the front, I managed to strip out a couple gears a while ago. Does anyone know of any gears or gearbox that would be somewhat compatible?

That's going to be a tough one my friend. Can you take some pixs and/or give us some specifications? I'm guessing that the gears in questions are off the shelf in nature; so, with the right info, we should be a able to help you out.

I am not sure of the gear pitch or anything, but here are some pictures:

1. The center gear of the planetary transmission:
IMG_2031.jpg

2. The main assembly of the planetary transmission (the three gears around the outside have some teeth stripped off as well as the center gear in the first picture.)
IMG_2037.jpg

3. Inside of the gearbox:
IMG_2034.jpg

4. Some pictures of one of the actual gears themselves:
IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

I have heard about people using the Tamiya planetary gearbox, but I am pretty that they were talking about replacing gears on the 1/18 version, not the 1/6 version, but I am not sure about that.

Last edited:
Have you checked ebay for any replacement gears? I am no expert on these things but see a fair amount of them and parts on ebay etc.

I have been looking there for a while, all I can really find are replacement belts, batteries, wheels, and the whole truck.

Yeah I'll definitely consider that, if I can find one that's somewhat cheap. Does anyone know of any other type of gearbox that is similar? Or perhaps a way of figuring out exact specifications of the gears themselves?

Just scrap those axles.. and stick some clod axles under it.. You can pick them up cheap and actually get replacement parts and upgrades.

Back