• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Noob with a swx chassis qustion

pbilt024

I am running a ax10 artr with losi shocks and white springs on three corners and a little stiffer one on the left rear. My question is, now that I have switched to the swx chassis and 4 link (F&R), it seems like I have no articulation. I am running no preload on the shocks with 40 wt oil. I am sure that it is in the link mounting, but I don't really know what changes to make to correct this problem. I am running the shocks in the hole nearest the axle out on the tip of the chassis, the lower links in the hole that goes through the skid, and the upper links in the second hole from the top and the outside holes on the axle.

Can someone explain to me the changes it will make to the rig when the shocks, upper and lower links are moved.

Also, is it not possible to use the stock bent lower links with this chassis. It looks like they would give better ground clearance to prevent high centering.

Thanks

First off - a pic would help a bunch.

You can use the bent lower links but you'll probably have to lengthen the upper links as well. Since the swx is long, the links it comes with are shorter than stock. It will most likely make your wheelbase longer than 12.5 inches too. So if you want to compete or just keep it to comp specs you'll need to make your own or find some shorter bent ones.

Articulation may be restricted by binding. If you post a pic that would help.

Also check out these two threads. About everything you need to know on the swx.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110201&highlight=bender
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146534

Can someone explain to me the changes it will make to the rig when the shocks, upper and lower links are moved.
The straighter up and down the shocks are the softer it will handle I believe but you'll need to search and read. There's volumes on here about link setup. If you follow the setups in the links above it should get you setup pretty good though.

Ok, I'll check the threads out and see what I can find. Here are a few pics as requested

allen-001-b.jpg

Front
allen-002-b.jpg

Rear
allen-006-b.jpg

allen-007-b.jpg

allen-005-b2.jpg

Looking at the bottom pic I'd say mount your upper links on the bottom side of your 4-link plates on the axle. They look like they have a pretty good angle to them and there might not be enough movement left in your rod ends and that might be what is binding.

Back