• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

No throttle with 3 different RX's on HW 1080

Nogman

Rock Stacker
Running a hobbywing 1080 in my gen 8, stock radio started glitching and then lost all throttle.

Tried another older redcat transmitter and receiver, same thing. Tried my fs gt3c, same problem. But if i plug in my cheapo dumbo rc transmitter and receiver it works just fine. Steering works on all the other 3, but the ESC wont beep after the initial 3 beeps, will beep if i plug esc in on ch 1, and can calibrate throttle on ch 1, but then no throttle.

Have rebound all. Even bound the redcats to each others recievers. Tried all 4 radios on a 2nd 1080 i have and it does the same. Have tried on the lower bec setting, really confused. All batteries are charged, works great with 1, no throttle on the other 3.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Just lipo modded and did the bearing on my gt3b and really wanted to use it.

Last edited:
I read this yesterday and made my head hurt, attempting to sort it out. Seeing no one offered a hint decided to reread.

Applying the KISS process to troubleshoot the problem, I see it being with the 1080. Noted 2 were used, but that means nothing. And 4 radios the 1080 begins to look like the bad actor.

1. I suggest you read the paper work and locate the procedure to reset the device to the factory defaults,

Then reinitialize and follow the original set up process of the 1080.

2. If you're sure of this just ignore
Check the CH used for the throttle, using the 1080 with my radio, CH2 is for the speed control

good luck

pep

Ive tried reversed and normal on all 3. Called hobbywing tech support and they said that the receivers are bad. Broken throttle channels on all 3. Seems like a wierd coincidence that 3 could be broken, hardly used and worked before sitting. Redcats sending a new radio setup so i'll have to see when it comes in...

I read this yesterday and made my head hurt, attempting to sort it out. Seeing no one offered a hint decided to reread.

Applying the KISS process to troubleshoot the problem, I see it being with the 1080. Noted 2 were used, but that means nothing. And 4 radios the 1080 begins to look like the bad actor.

1. I suggest you read the paper work and locate the procedure to reset the device to the factory defaults,

Then reinitialize and follow the original set up process of the 1080.

2. If you're sure of this just ignore
Check the CH used for the throttle, using the 1080 with my radio, CH2 is for the speed control

good luck

pep

Sorry, wrote that in a frustrated rage. I've reset the 1080, it will let me calibrate using the steering but wont even recognize ch2.

I had the hardest time setting up a HW1080 with my stock Element radio. I ended up resetting the ESC a few times as well as re-binding the radio to the receiver then started from scratch calibrating the ESC and it finally worked. I didnt even plug in the servo into CH1 until I calibrated the radio to set the throttle. Hobbywings instructions were a little confusing so I kept doing it wrong and couldnt get it to beep for each setting at first.

Back