• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

No Reverse!

Liljun10

Recently completed a build with a Axiel ae-5 esc. Im using a Spektrum dx5 as the radio. Im not able to move in reverse. Im new to using a spektrum but the binding seemed fine. Forward works fine. Im wondering if the problem is the esc. Troubleshooting says to calibrate the esc by using the on/off switch but the ae-5 does not have a switch. Thanks for any help.

I was able to solve my own problem. If anyone has the same problem in the future, here's the solution: On the radio adjust the BRK trim so that it is at 100%.

Glad you solved it.

I don't know about Axial stuff, but Traxxas has 'modes' built in to their ESC's ... one of these modes keeps reverse from working unless you double-tap reverse. I believe there are certain competitions where you get penalized for using reverse, thus it's a precaution to make sure a reverse hit was intended.

reality the no reverse option is for racing on track... No reverse allowed.... Instant reverse is a real advantage for crawling, so you always want it.

Back