• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

newbie to scx10 building have a servo question.

Photoninja

hi guys i have a servo on order
JX PDI 5521MG 20KG High Torque Metal Gear Digital Servo
it has the following spec...
Brand:JX
Item:pDI 5521MG Servo
Dead band: 2μsl
Working frequence: 1520μs / 330hz
Operating Voltage: DC4.8~6.0 V
Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.18sec/60 degrees
Operating Speed (6V): 0.16 sec/60 degrees
Stall Torque (4.8V): 17.25kg.cm (239.55oz/in)
Stall Torque (6.0V): 20.32 kg.cm (281.89 oz/in)
Dimensions: 40.5X20.2X44.2mm /1.59 X0.80X1.74 in
Weight: 55.6 g (1.96oz)
Connector Wire Length: JR 265 mm (10.43in)

does anyone know from the details if it sounds any good, or even have one and most of all will it work for a steering servo on the dingo builders kit.
The first ever crawler i have ever owned which i think is gonna cost me an arm and a leg by the time ive done replacing the plastic should i say less durable parts and upgrades i am aiming for brusless setup eventually you should see what i did to a tamiya df02 chassis lol that will give you an idea i have the url on my profile for those interested thanks in advance for any sensible answers please
Edit So the servo arrived...

and this is how the tamiya df_02 ended up..

Last edited:
thank you
the esc im hoping to use is Hobbywing QuicRun Series Brushless 60A Sensored ESC #10BL60

Spec..

Cont. / Peak Current / Resistance: 60A / 380A / 0.0008 Ohm
Motor Type Supported: Sensored / Sensorless Brushless Motor
Cars Applicable: 1/10 & 1:12 On-road/Off-road/F1/Drift
Suitable Motor: 2S?6000KV 3S?4000KV (3650 brushless motor )
Input: 4-9 Cell NiMH or 2-3 Cell LiPo
BEC output: 6V/2A (Linear BEC)
Dimension: 33mm(L)*28mm(W)*31.5mm(H, with cooling fan)

it pushes a 5ltr paint tub full of spanners when tuned down low about 3 kilos across the kitchen floor with the 3650 motor and it has a built in bec so im hoping it will do till i can afford a tailor made setup in the future will i still need a another bec from the battery.

Last edited:
hi guys i have a servo on order
JX PDI 5521MG 20KG High Torque Metal Gear Digital Servo
it has the following spec...
Brand:JX
Item:pDI 5521MG Servo
Dead band: 2μsl
Working frequence: 1520μs / 330hz
Operating Voltage: DC4.8~6.0 V
Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.18sec/60 degrees
Operating Speed (6V): 0.16 sec/60 degrees
Stall Torque (4.8V): 17.25kg.cm (239.55oz/in)
Stall Torque (6.0V): 20.32 kg.cm (281.89 oz/in)
Dimensions: 40.5X20.2X44.2mm /1.59 X0.80X1.74 in
Weight: 55.6 g (1.96oz)
Connector Wire Length: JR 265 mm (10.43in)

does anyone know from the details if it sounds any good, or even have one and most of all will it work for a steering servo on the dingo builders kit.
The first ever crawler i have ever owned which i think is gonna cost me an arm and a leg by the time ive done replacing the plastic should i say less durable parts and upgrades i am aiming for brusless setup eventually you should see what i did to a tamiya df02 chassis lol that will give you an idea i have the url on my profile for those interested thanks in advance for any sensible answers please

I have not heard of that servo, but specs look ok...here's a much more powerful servo for about same price, any of these cheap servos can be hit and miss on QC, so may received DOA and have to send back for warranty:
Solar Servo D772 High Voltage 0.17sec@7.4v 64g Digital Metal Gear

thank you
the esc im hoping to use is Hobbywing QuicRun Series Brushless 60A Sensored ESC #10BL60

Spec..

Cont. / Peak Current / Resistance: 60A / 380A / 0.0008 Ohm
Motor Type Supported: Sensored / Sensorless Brushless Motor
Cars Applicable: 1/10 & 1:12 On-road/Off-road/F1/Drift
Suitable Motor: 2S?6000KV 3S?4000KV (3650 brushless motor )
Input: 4-9 Cell NiMH or 2-3 Cell LiPo
BEC output: 6V/2A (Linear BEC)
Dimension: 33mm(L)*28mm(W)*31.5mm(H, with cooling fan)

it pushes a 5ltr paint tub full of spanners when tuned down low about 3 kilos across the kitchen floor with the 3650 motor and it has a built in bec so im hoping it will do till i can afford a tailor made setup in the future will i still need a another bec from the battery.

That is a bullet proof waterproof esc that works, it's not the best at low speed when letting off the throttle on descents, but it is dependable and price is right...run it.

Interesting, keep us posted. Hobbyking ti geared servos have mixed reviews with Play-Dough like gears, but I have not tried one lol. When price point gets up near $99 I really can't justify the purchase because $99 buys good Hitec with excellent warranty and customer service that I've rarely needed in many years.

Interesting, keep us posted. Hobbyking ti geared servos have mixed reviews with Play-Dough like gears, but I have not tried one lol. When price point gets up near $99 I really can't justify the purchase because $99 buys good Hitec with excellent warranty and customer service that I've rarely needed in many years.

Well, I'm gonna try it. See if it really is what it says.

I'm running the solar d772 with cc becs in three different rigs and they have been great...especially for the price

Thanks for the suggestions guys i think this is going to be a learning curve for me i usualy make my rc stuff go really fast or really high lol really slow is going to be a bit of a challenge but ill take it as it comes "thumbsup"

Back