• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Newbie shock length help?

Hi! I'm looking for advice on shock length for my scx10ii honcho. I recently acquired new proline hyrax tires and love everything about them except the rub when at full tuck and turn. I plan on shaving the front fenders but I was also looking at the 100mm desert lizard shocks but, I have herd that if I go over stock length I will get drive train rattle. Does anyone have advice for upping the shock length? Thank you in advance and have a wonderful day!

Just keep in mind, any changes to stock suspension geometry will have consequences.

Going to 100mm shocks will reduce up travel, and likely result in a higher ride height, and ultimately raise your center of gravity. It will also cause the front axle to shift from center, since it travels on the arc of the panhard link.

I’m curious, what size hyrax do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am running the 1.9 hyrax tires and they are slightly bigger in od compared to the tires that come stock on the rtr honcho. And thank you for the advice! Would it be better if I got the 90mm and put on the shock mount plates with the multiple mounting holes?

My Honcho, next to my RBK with the body as low as I could get it, and 4.75 tires on stock 90mm shocks...

JYqxfo4h.jpg

Another way is to find a gmade transition style shock that allows you to run 90 mm shock but will droop to 107mm I believe, give you a more balanced ride height with the articulation your prolly looking for. Gmades worked great if you can find a spring to sub not being able to keep oil in them lol

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Back